40th Anniversary Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

40th Anniversary: Carpenters Box
UICY91361
40,000Yen
April 22, 2009
15 SHM-CD's(original albums + compilation album)
DVD "Gold: Greatest Hits" with sub channel
limited edition
ASIN: B001RRX3FE

According to finance.yahoo.com, currently;
US$ 437.4453
Euro 338.9326
GBP 294.1382
GIP 437.4453

When we will buy the box through A&M Corner Store, what should we do? Just visit Amazon via A&M Corner?
Harry, can you post the link? Thanks.

Sakura

Original mix.

Originally 40th Anniversary Box plan(posted last year) was;
re-issue of 35th Anniversary Box set in SHM-CD format
+ DVD "GOLD" ( 18 tracks/59 minutes)
+ DVD "Live at Budokan" (15 tracks/68 minutes).
And there was another set;
2-SHM-CD compilation + DVD (10,000Yen).

10,000Yen set disappeared/was included into 40th Anniversary Box.
"Live at Budokan" disappeared from the box set. (DVD "Live at Budokan" is still available.)

White Box released before "Lovelines";
10 original albums - early CD mix
"Live at the Palladium"
Maxi CD "Honolulu City Lights/Slow Dance"

30th Anniversary Box;
11 original albums - original mix
I think this box was released, answering to request of original mix.

35th Anniversary Box;
2 Christmas albums - almost original mix

Several months before 35th box set was released, A&R man said he'd like to release live remastered. So I expected Live album(s) again for 40th box, last year plan had DVD "Live at Budokan". Now,....
I'm not interested in SHM-CD format. As I posted somewhere years ago, I'd really love to have original albums as SACD format. Some of us sent request of SACD's, but there is only SACD of Carpenters.

Sakura

SakuraSYayoi said:

Right there is the clue that whenever this materializes, it will be for Japan only, since the Budokan program has hard-coded Japanese subtitles.

That program has never been released in the States, and likely never will. So if you want this set, you'll likely have to import it from a Japanese retailer. The link I posted above will probably never work with Amazon US.

Harry

Harry said:
SakuraSYayoi said:

Right there is the clue that whenever this materializes, it will be for Japan only, since the Budokan program has hard-coded Japanese subtitles.

That program has never been released in the States, and likely never will. So if you want this set, you'll likely have to import it from a Japanese retailer. The link I posted above will probably never work with Amazon US.

Harry

Maybe Universal Music Japan thought they put away Budokan DVD from this box set, so oversea net shops can sell the set.

I post last year plan (to have been released on Richard's birthday last year) in my previous post.
April 22 release won't have "Live at Budokan".
There was Japanese release which had no region DVD "GOLD".
I don't which region "GOLD"will be in this set.

"Live at Budokan" was released, with Karen's solo album at the same time, when Miseinen and "Twenty-two Hits of the Carpenters" made hit. Make boom in the U.S.!! And make "Live with Boston Pops" released!!

Sakura

CD Japan has sent an email with the following:

UICY-91361
Carpenters/40th Anniversary collector's Edition[15SHM-CD + DVD] [Limited Release] CDA 38095 yen US$410/92.86 Release Date:2009/04/22 Description:Japan original 40th Anniversary collector's box release from Carpenters featuring the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players.) Includes 14 original album plus special album featuring 13 songs from "As Time Goes By" and "Essential Collection Box." Also includes DVD "Gold: Greatest Hits." *Unless otherwise indicated, DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no subtitles. URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=UICY-91361

So they describe the extra CD as:
...special album featuring 13 songs from "As Time Goes By" and "Essential Collection Box."

Harry

SakuraSYayoi said:
Original mix.

Originally 40th Anniversary Box plan(posted last year) was;
re-issue of 35th Anniversary Box set in SHM-CD format
+ DVD "GOLD" ( 18 tracks/59 minutes)
And there was another set;
2-SHM-CD compilation + DVD (10,000Yen).

10,000Yen set disappeared/was included into 40th Anniversary Box.
"Live at Budokan" disappeared from the box set. (DVD "Live at Budokan" is still available.)

"Live at the Palladium"

30th Anniversary Box;
I think this box was released, answering to request of original mix.

35th Anniversary Box;
2 Christmas albums - almost original mix

Several months before 35th box set was released, A&R man said he'd like to release live remastered. So I expected Live album(s) again for 40th box, last year plan had DVD "Live at Budokan". Now,....
I'm not interested in SHM-CD format. As I posted somewhere years ago, I'd really love to have original albums as SACD format. Some of us sent request of SACD's, but there is only SACD of Carpenters.

Sakura

Sakura,

Is the box you describe below the UK box set from the late 80?

Many Thanks

Scott B

"Live at the Palladium"

Harry said:
CD Japan has sent an email with the following:

UICY-91361
Carpenters/40th Anniversary collector's Edition[15SHM-CD + DVD] [Limited Release] CDA 38095 yen US$410/92.86 Release Date:2009/04/22 Description:Japan original 40th Anniversary collector's box release from Carpenters featuring the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players.) Includes 14 original album plus special album featuring 13 songs from "As Time Goes By" and "Essential Collection Box." Also includes DVD "Gold: Greatest Hits." *Unless otherwise indicated, DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no subtitles. URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=UICY-91361

So they describe the extra CD as:
...special album featuring 13 songs from "As Time Goes By" and "Essential Collection Box."

Harry
Harry, thank you for the update. I checked Japanese site of CD Japan yesterday. There was similar info. No information about Region, but there was description on sub channel. Richard talks about behind scene.

I don't know if this set is mini-LP style or not yet. If it will have mini-LP of "Ticket To Ride", .... It hadn't been included in box set.

Scott, I didn't mean the UK box set. I think the UK box sets didn't have live album. And had "Lovelines".
I meant Japanese box set, released in 1989. No "Lovelines", nor Christmas album.
It was white box with gold Carpenters logo and "COLLECTION" and white booklet, 188 pages, was included. And it was printed in last page and note;
"This 'Carpenters Collection' precedes the release of a forthcoming Carpenters' album consisting of eleven previously unreleased master recordings"

Can members order at Japanese site and suppot A&M forum? Does this work?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B001RRX3...reativeASIN=B001RRX3FE&creative=1211&camp=247

When I posted this topic, Amazon.JP had no discount information, another Japanese site it's got a good discount on it, 15% off. The next day at Amazon.JP 18% off and 5% point were shown. Now no point for this box set, but there is point for 40/40.

Sakura

Scott, I didn't mean the UK box set. I think the UK box sets didn't have live album. And had "Lovelines".
I meant Japanese box set, released in 1989. No "Lovelines", nor Christmas album.
It was white box with gold Carpenters logo and "COLLECTION" and white booklet, 188 pages, was included. And it was printed in last page and note;
"This 'Carpenters Collection' precedes the release of a forthcoming Carpenters' album consisting of eleven previously unreleased master recordings"

Sakura,

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow I never even heard of the box set above.

So the Japanese white box set was before lovelines and I guess the part above about a forthcoming Carpenters album of 11 previously unreleased
master recordings turned our to be 'Lovelines' (?)

Do you have the box set? Would to see a picture of it.

Many Thanks

Scott B

scottb said:
Sakura,

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow I never even heard of the box set above.

So the Japanese white box set was before lovelines and I guess the part above about a forthcoming Carpenters album of 11 previously unreleased
master recordings turned our to be 'Lovelines' (?)

Do you have the box set? Would to see a picture of it.

Many Thanks

Scott B
Yes, it turned out to be "Lovelines".
I think I read that the Japanese white box was released about as five times as 35th box set. I have the CD set, I have seen cassete tape set at auction site. I think Oken has small photos of both British and Japanese sets.
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~oken/carpentershihoukan.html

Some sites have information about 40th anniversary box;
The 1st album is "Offering".

Song lists of the compilation;
[15] 〈未発表曲集〉
( 1) ラヴ・イズ・サレンダー
( 2) ミスター・グーダー
( 3) 小さな愛の願い
( 4) 愛は夢の中に
( 5) ソング・フォー・ユー
( 6) 森永ハイ・クラウン・チョコレート・コマーシャル
( 7) うつろな想い
( 8 ) サンディ
( 9) スウィート・スマイル
(10) カレン/エラ・メドレー
(11) 遠い初恋
(12) 遠い想い出
(13) カレンのテーマ

Sakura

Album featuring 13 songs from "As Time Goes By" and "The Essential Collection: 1965-1997";

1 Love Is Surrender
2 Mr. Guder
3 It's Going To Take Some Time
4 I Won't Last A Day Without You
5 A Song For You
6 Morinaga Hi-Crown
7 Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
8 Sandy
9 Sweet, Sweet Smile
10 Karen/Ella Medley
11 Make Believe It's Your First Time
12 Those Good Old Dreams
13 Karen's Theme

Can members order at Japanese site and suppot A&M forum? Does this work?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B001RRX3...reativeASIN=B001RRX3FE&creative=1211&camp=247

Sakura

I must say that I am a little dissapointed in this boxset and can't understand the inclusion of the compilation CD.

Why not release a complete collection? All the 11 studio albums plus As Time Goes By, including both christmas CDs and both live CDs. That is only 4 more discs.

Add a new bonus disc with the tracks from From The Top/Essential Collection that aren't on studio albums, like Morinaga Hi-Crown and the ealy Magic Lamp, demo and alternate takes. Finally add Thank You For The Music and Karen & John Denver's duet from The First Televison Special.

Also add the tracks from Interpretations DVD with Gold DVD and Love Is Surrender promo video, For All We Know (Andy Williams Show), Close To You promo video and some of the Christmas TV special videos to make a new DVD compilation.

Thsi would make a complete collection and offer something new and different from the 30th and 35th anniversary boxes. It wouldn't take much more than is already available separately or already planned for this 40th anniversay boxset.

Just my thought...

carrpentersboy1 said:
I must say that I am a little dissapointed in this boxset and can't understand the inclusion of the compilation CD.

Why not release a complete collection? All the 11 studio albums plus As Time Goes By, including both christmas CDs and both live CDs. That is only 4 more discs.

Add a new bonus disc with the tracks from From The Top/Essential Collection that aren't on studio albums, like Morinaga Hi-Crown and the ealy Magic Lamp, demo and alternate takes. Finally add Thank You For The Music and Karen & John Denver's duet from The First Televison Special.

Also add the tracks from Interpretations DVD with Gold DVD and Love Is Surrender promo video, For All We Know (Andy Williams Show), Close To You promo video and some of the Christmas TV special videos to make a new DVD compilation.

Thsi would make a complete collection and offer something new and different from the 30th and 35th anniversary boxes. It wouldn't take much more than is already available separately or already planned for this 40th anniversay boxset.

Just my thought...

You should make Universal Music in the U.S.A., the U.K. or in your country release the box set that you want.

Universal Music Japan A&R man would like to release remastered live albums, but he was moved before he makes it.
He wanted to release DVD, but he couldn't.
U.S. Universal Music should release DVD's. Universal Music Japan can follow them easily, I think.

I don't get how you do math, only 4 more discs?
I posted
15 SHM-CD's(original albums + compilation album)

That includes Christmas albums and "as time goes by".

DVD "Live at Budokan" was in a plan, but it disappeared.

Sakura

As Harry mentioned in another thread, "40/40 Best Selection" has 40th box info at back of obi.

Carpenters Box - 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition
Limited
to be released in June
15CD(SHM-CD) + DVD
UICY-91361
40,000Yen(38,095Yen + tax)
each album housed in book style
numbered
new photos with Richard's hand-written comments
DVD with sub-channel with Richard's talk about behind scenes of music videos

According to 40/40 fryer, the 15th SHM-CD is "Sweet Sixteen" (including "Morinaga CM" and "Suntory Pop CM").

Although 40/40 fryer had the release date of the box set; May 27,
another fryer for the fan event of 21st announced the release date is June 17 and liner notes will be written by Richard.

Amazon JP still 32,400Yen [OFF: 7,600Yen(19%)]
Sakura

From the article that Steve posted;
MR: With the music industry in the shape it's in, I imagine Universal Japan wants to strike while the iron is hot. What are they putting out next?

RC: On May 27th, they're going to release a box set with the core catalog, the studio albums, all on SHM CD with a much more deluxe approach. This thing's as big as a breadbox, and each album has its own hard cover book.

MR: I imagine each book is fleshed-out with lots of photos. What was the discovery process like?

RC: Between going through not only my photos, but those from the A&M archives, exhaustive. I did find a few I hadn't seen before, and had copies made; dated for posterity or...just in case...the 50th!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ragogna/emhuffpost-exclusiveem-th_b_201408.html

When Single Box was released, Richard had thought it would be released the next year.
Will 40th box set be released in June or May? June, probably.

Sakura

In May 17-week CD site and CD shop sites started to change the release date. (No update for "Sweet Sixteen") Amazon.JP is not good at the update for change of the release date. I used to send email to Amazon.JP, asking if the release date was changed, but I didn't send this time. I received email regarding this box from Amazon.JP;
We have learned that there has been a delay with some of the item(s) in your order

lately and now at Amazon.JP(not 19% any more);
June 24, 2009
32,727 Yen
OFF: 7,273 Yen (18%)

The latest update for Carpenters on Univeral Music is probably at SHM-CD new release page;
(Other new releases have exact dates like 2009.6.17 or 2009.6.24
6.17 BOSA NOVA -2009 DSD remaster, SHM-CD, paper sleeve-
JOAO GILBERTO / BRASIL
GAROTA DE IPANEMA [Sound Track]
BOSSA NOVA MESMO....)
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/special/shm-cd/index.html

Sakura

Disc 15 at HMV.JP
1 All I Can Do
2 Your Wonderful Parade - Demo Version
3 Don`t Be Afraid
4 All Of My Life
5 Eve
6 Let Me Be The One
7 Intermission
8 Flat Baroque - Instrumental
9 Santa Claus Is Comin` To Town
10 Please Mr. Postman
11 Morinaga Hi-crown Chocolate Commercial
12 Solitaire
13 Tryin To Get The Feeling Again
14 Good Friends Are For Keeps
15 *
16 *

Amazon.JP

Feb post;
SakuraSYayoi said:
Album featuring 13 songs from "As Time Goes By" and "The Essential Collection: 1965-1997";

1 Love Is Surrender
2 Mr. Guder
3 It's Going To Take Some Time
4 I Won't Last A Day Without You
5 A Song For You
6 Morinaga Hi-Crown
7 Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
8 Sandy
9 Sweet, Sweet Smile
10 Karen/Ella Medley
11 Make Believe It's Your First Time
12 Those Good Old Dreams
13 Karen's Theme

Sakura

uicy91361.jpg

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/carpenters/disco/uicy91361.html

Information in above page was already posted here at this forum.
Confirmed;
2009.6.24 RELEASE UICY-91361 40,000 Yen

19% OFF again at Amazon.JP
$1 = 96.805 Yen now

Sakura

Thanks for including this information.
Does anyone know if the DVD will contain any new footage? I hope it's not the "Yesterday Once More" video yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom