45 "So Whats New?" & "Flamingo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawmom

Hey I am new to this site so I am not sure where to go for an answer to my question, can anyone give me some insite?:confused: I am going through some old 45's and have one of HERB ALPERT and THE TIJUANA BRASS , I was wondering the value of such an item. Can anyone help me :?:

Hello! Well, sorry to say that your "find" is not of great value. Most Tijuana Brass singles don't sell for very much these days unless there's something unique or rare about it. "Flamingo"/"So What's New" is a pretty common title. If the 45 were in a well-cared-for picture sleeve and in pristine condition, you might get a few bucks for it.

Harry
...enjoying a lovely day in Philly, online...

That single brings back a memory: when I was a little tot, I'd seen a boxed set of about five 45RPM singles, which had a plastic carrying handle on the top. The box, of course, had Herb & The TJB on it, so naturally I thought it was full of TJB singles. What was inside was this same single (So What's New b/w Flamingo), but the rest were other pop singles of the day which, in retrospect, were not big hits by any means. One I recall was Three Dog Night, but don't remember the song. They were on ABC, so this wasn't a label-oriented set. Wish I still had that outer box.

At a couple of local shops, I've rarely seen TJB singles listed for more than $1.50, pic sleeve or not. And these are usually in decent condition...anything less that is scratched or worn is usually just discarded.

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom