🥂 50th 50th Anniversary Celebration - West Coast*

In which city should the 50th Anniversary Celebration be based?

• Downey

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Thousand Oaks

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Long Beach

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Hi, everyone.

The people involved in the organizing committee are planning to speak by phone next weekend. So I should be able to post the latest developments during the week of April 30th.

Stay tuned !
Hi Robert, I hope they discussed whether fans could just attend the Saturday Dinner?

In my small, humble opinion:
four days is a long trip this time of year.
Would it be possible to flip flop a few of the days (having the tour days back-to-back)? Maybe getting rid of the free day or putting it at the beginning so that some of us can come later?

Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Here are the latest updates from the organizing committee:

1) For those of you who will be visiting Thousand Oaks from out-of-town, you can now go ahead and contact the hotel to make reservations. Be sure to mention that you are planning to attend the Carpenters 50th Anniversary Celebration.

2). Yes, we are planning to offer some options in terms of what you may wish to attend. For example, some people may want to attend just the Saturday buffet and the panel discussion. Others may want to participate in everything.

Right now, Greg Kuritz is working on revisions to the website to allow for attendees to pick their preferred options. This involves some programming. Once that is done, Greg will "publish" the revisions so that you can select your choices.

When I hear from Greg that he is satisfied with the reprogramming of the website, I will post another message to let you know. Again, thanks for your patience.

Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Here are the latest updates from the organizing committee:

1) For those of you who will be visiting Thousand Oaks from out-of-town, you can now go ahead and contact the hotel to make reservations. Be sure to mention that you are planning to attend the Carpenters 50th Anniversary Celebration.

2). Yes, we are planning to offer some options in terms of what you may wish to attend. For example, some people may want to attend just the Saturday buffet and the panel discussion. Others may want to participate in everything.

Right now, Greg Kuritz is working on revisions to the website to allow for attendees to pick their preferred options. This involves some programming. Once that is done, Greg will "publish" the revisions so that you can select your choices.

When I hear from Greg that he is satisfied with the reprogramming of the website, I will post another message to let you know. Again, thanks for your patience.
Thanks Robert.

Took my first steps on this today. Made the hotel reservations and filled-out the forms (for me and my wife) on the website for the itinerary selections and submitted to Greg Kuritz. $129 per night for a hotel room is a pretty good deal - you can "upgrade" if you want of course). Getting really excited about this, I think it will be a BLAST!!

Took my first steps on this today. Made the hotel reservations and filled-out the forms (for me and my wife) on the website for the itinerary selections and submitted to Greg Kuritz. $129 per night for a hotel room is a pretty good deal - you can "upgrade" if you want of course). Getting really excited about this, I think it will be a BLAST!!

I’ll be following suit with the hotel booking in around a month from now.

Re: 50th Anniversary, Need not send the forms in just yet. Here was my email reply I got yesterday:

Hi...

Registration is not open yet for the convention. As soon as it is, you are welcome to submit your form.

Thank you!

Carpenters 50th

Hi, everyone.

Just to clarify, you can go ahead and make reservations with the hotel.

As for registration through the website, Greg is still working on the programming required to offer various pricing options to Celebration attendees. He, Peter and I are planning to hold a conference call later this week to discuss the website and other planning issues.

After the call, I'll post an update to let you know when we expect the website registration to be up and running.

Thanks for your patience.

I'd love to be coming along as I've been a fan since age 10 (about 34 years now and counting!) So visiting Carpenters related places is my dream trip... I've worked out that it'll cost me well over $2,000 to attend with flights, hotel, travel etc.

Maybe I can start a "fund my trip" page!! Haha

I’m attending this event as the culminating part of a two week trip of a lifetime across the US, starting in NYC and then on to Chicago to catch an Amtrak overnight sleeper to Dallas, which I booked this morning. I’m flying on from Dallas to LAX. I’ll be booking the hotel in a couple of weeks’ time. Getting really excited already!

For anyone wondering about getting from LA to Thousand Oaks, this forum page may be helpful.

Transportation from LAX to Thousand Oaks - Los Angeles Message Board - TripAdvisor

Last edited:
Hi, everyone.

The organizing committee held a conference call yesterday and we are happy to announce that the programming for the Event Registration is nearly complete. We expect it will be "going live" before the end of June.

There will be a follow-up posting to this thread when the Event Registration goes live. In the meantime, you can make your hotel reservations now by contacting the Palm Garden Hotel. Contact information for the hotel is available at the website: www.carpenters50th.com

Secondly, we wanted to mention that there will be a cap on the number of participants for the bus tours. Our limit is 100 people. So if the bus tours are important to you, be sure to register early once the Event Registration page goes live.

Thank you again for your patience. And stay tuned for further announcements !

I’ll be following suit with the hotel booking in around a month from now.
Hi, I am a massive Carpenters fan based in Cheshire England and have just found this site and I am fascinated to read about the forthcoming 50th.What would I have to do to be involved in this event.As you are a fellow UK fan I wonder if you could give me some idea about the arrangements etc.Thanks, Peter

Hi, I am a massive Carpenters fan based in Cheshire England and have just found this site and I am fascinated to read about the forthcoming 50th.What would I have to do to be involved in this event.As you are a fellow UK fan I wonder if you could give me some idea about the arrangements etc.Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter

I’m sure one of the event organisers on this forum can advise further about specific arrangements. All we know so far is that there’s a website with a link to the hotel so you’d need to book a reservation (doesn’t have to be for the entire four day event I believe). Other than that there’s a registration page for the actual four day event, but that isn’t open just yet. Here’s the site if you missed it:

Carpenters 50th - Home

P.S. I used to live in Cheshire :)

Hi,Thanks for the info.I live in Poynton.East Cheshire.Peter

Another possible from the UK here - any other UK-ers thinking of going? Which airport is it best to fly in to?

Another possible from the UK here - any other UK-ers thinking of going? Which airport is it best to fly in to?

I'm based in London and have already started booking the various legs of my trip. I'll be flying into LAX for this event and then getting a shuttle transfer to Thousand Oaks, which is about 40 miles away.

I’m trying to work out my budget for this trip, do any of the organisers know yet what the cost of the event will actually be (aside from the hotel cost)?

Hi, newvillefan.

We are still working on the budget. We expect to have the Registration Page up and running by the end of June. At that time, the Registration Page will contain the budget figure you are asking for.

Thanks for your patience.

Very confused here. Re: transport from LAX to Thousand Oaks: on some forums people are saying the bus ride is about an hour, while others say it's 3.5 hrs!!

Very confused here. Re: transport from LAX to Thousand Oaks: on some forums people are saying the bus ride is about an hour, while others say it's 3.5 hrs!!

Google Maps says it is 3.5 hours if you go by public transport - it’s three different connection changes on four different bus services to get there from LAX as there’s no direct route. It’s only a 40 mile journey. It takes around 45 mins - 1 hour by shared shuttle bus (around $55) or $100 for a private taxi.

Hi, everyone.

The organizing committee had a conference call on July 3rd to review the cost estimates for the upcoming event. We are still waiting for confirmation of costs from a handful of vendors in order to finalize the pricing for the various options.

We expect to get these fee quotes within the next couple of weeks. But to allow for possible delays, we are aiming to open the Registration Page on August 1st. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, don't forget - the Palm Garden Hotel is able to reserve your room(s) now. They can be contacted at (805) 716-4200.

Back
Top Bottom