50th Anniversary | Lookback

Richard told us the Karen’s original silver sparkle Ludwig set is the one on display at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center. He also mentions that they bought Karen her beloved Ludwig super-sensitive 10 lug 410 snare before their big first hit, but he doesn’t mention if that is the one one display at the center also. Were you able to tell if that original snare in there as well? I am not able to tell from this angle. I am not sure which one they bought her, the gold badge from the 60’s or the blue badge from ’69. Does anyone know?

Here is the snare from a better angle. They definitely bought the super sensitive snare for her before 1969.

249C4068-EC21-4792-A384-EC276415DEB2.jpeg0F213E80-B366-4A84-8ACC-7A9685B70FCF.png

ah yes it’s the gold badge. Perfect pictures. thanks! Wow wow wow. I’m just gonna stare at these for a while

The jellybean set has always been my favourite, along with the blue swirl set she owned. Richard could create a bigger, more permanent Carpenters Museum with all this stuff, akin to the ABBA Museum. He still has her Mercedes, all of these drum kits, her clothes and other possessions they both owned in their heyday. I really don’t know why he doesn’t do it. There are companies out there who would manage and curate this collection for him. This has just given me an idea for a new thread… :laugh:

Thank you kindly for posting these amazing pics. I was at the 50th Anniversary and have many pics myself, but none that add anything to what you've already posted. Anything different I might have, would include my (then) GF and I in the pic, which adds nothing of interest to the Carpenters 50th.

Back
Top Bottom