50th project PLEASE Richard Carpenter!

Yesterday, Richard's daughter Mindi posted a video to her Instagram story from outside the entrance of, and tagged to the location, Capitol Records. I would presume that she was there with her dad. Richard now records at Capitol, of course most recently with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra album. So the big question is... What is he up to now? What is he doing there? I really hope he's working on some unreleased carpenters tracks, perhaps even his Christmas album. Thoughts?

Hey Simon, you got direct access to the Batphone in Thousand Oaks, correct? Can't you give Richard a jingle and ask these questions? Also, while you're at it, ask him if he will open up the Yesterday Once More warehouse/museum to his adoring fans that are coming from all corners of the world this April! :)

Yesterday, Richard's daughter Mindi posted a video to her Instagram story from outside the entrance of, and tagged to the location, Capitol Records.

Can you please post a link to the video?
Thanks.

Instagram “stories” are temporary updates that are deleted by Instagram after 24 hours, so that post is already gone.

There wasn’t much to see, just a video outside the Capitol building which, by the look of it, is undergoing some renovation work as one entire side of it is currently covered with scaffolding and tarpauling.

Instagram “stories” are temporary updates that are deleted by Instagram after 24 hours, so that post is already gone.

There wasn’t much to see, just a video outside the Capitol building which, by the look of it, is undergoing some renovation work as one entire side of it is currently covered with scaffolding and tarpauling.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the limited life of a posting of a video on Instagram.

Hopefully, Richard was there to do some work for either a second RPO album or something for the 50th Anniversary.

I just assumed that the Royal Philharmonic was the 50th anniversary project. Though I am surprised that there is no Japanese re-edition box set. Honestly, the last 10 years has been pretty fruitful: the RPO album, the singles box set, the US singles set, and the Christmas DVD. For a while it seemed like the well was pretty dry, but we have been lucky.

Thank You for NOT picking "Calling Occupants". I panic whenever that song should (by chance) come on. I panic at the thought that I cannot reach the mute button in time. I hate saying that about a CARPENTERS song as I love almost all of them. For some reason I just cannot stomach it.

Songs for royal philarmonic volume 2: only yesterday
Sing
Wont last a day without you
Solitaire
Now
Someday
Eve
A song for you
Love me for what i am
Caught between goodbye and i love you
Youre the one
Look to your dreams
One more time
You
Tryin to get the feeling again
Cant smile without you or breaking up is hard to do or beechwood. With new upbeat arrangements

Back
Top Bottom