A complete list of the A&M Records 25th Anniversary Classics Series

Deciding that if Amazon can offer CD-Rs, well I can make them for me too. And since prior compilations were repurposed for the CLASSICS series, and that @Mr Bill had already declared that the Baja Marimba Band should be Volume 28, well, here it is:

Baja25thFront.jpgBaja25thRearInsert.jpg

This would be a straight repurposing of the Collectors Choice release from 2001.

Harry
...with too much time on my hands, online...

Nice! I may have to print this out and use it inside mt CC CD...

--Mr Bill

Deciding that if Amazon can offer CD-Rs, well I can make them for me too. And since prior compilations were repurposed for the CLASSICS series, and that @Mr Bill had already declared that the Baja Marimba Band should be Volume 28, well, here it is:

Baja25thFront.jpgBaja25thRearInsert.jpg

This would be a straight repurposing of the Collectors Choice release from 2001.

Harry
...with too much time on my hands, online...
Excellent Idea and Great Job on the Artwork thats exactly how I would envision it

There are a few inaccuracies, but to fix them would have taken hours more. The squared numbers were a font I already had on my computer, and I think the size is a little big, but this was a compromise for the track title font which is a little small. Then I skipped the track timings with the smaller font just to save some time.

The UPC code is real - its for the Collectors Choice version, but I should have copied the one from the CC disc itself as it would look more authentic than the font version I used.

The interior of the booklet is an exact scanned copy of the interior of the CC booklet since those liner notes are correct for this compilation.

This was a straight "repress" on my own CD-R from the Collectors' Choice issue from 2001. I know that our Steve Sidoruk was instrumental in getting four better tracks inserted into the disc and four lesser tracks removed. The horizontally squeezed image on the rear insert and on the disc is just awful. Don't know who was responsible for that - hopefully not Steve!

1622052709313.png

1622052743568.png

This was a straight "repress" on my own CD-R from the Collectors' Choice issue from 2001. I know that our Steve Sidoruk was instrumental in getting four better tracks inserted into the disc and four lesser tracks removed. The horizontally squeezed image on the rear insert and on the disc is just awful. Don't know who was responsible for that - hopefully not Steve!

1622052709313.png

1622052743568.png
I still have my copy of this CD and I knew even when I got it it was going to be An Extreme Rarity

Here's a bit of an oddity, a promo, in-store cassette promoting the 25th Anniversary CLASSICS series. It's got 23 tracks, so it doesn't include a track from quite every volume. As I was assembling this into a playlist of sorts, I noticed the very last track, "Keep Your Eye On Me" by Herb Alpert. That song wasn't included on that Volume 20 of Herb's solo stuff, so it's odd to find it here. The eBay pictures aren't clear enough to verify, so I only have the seller's track list to go on.

ClassicsCassette1.jpgClassicsCassette2.jpg

This is the RARE PROMO ONLY Classics In-Store Sampler CASSETTE TAPE from 1987, on A&M Records, made in USA. (CS 17470)
23 tracks:

1. Herb Alpert - Rise
2. Joe Cocker - The Letter
3. Carpenters - Top of the World
4. Supertramp - Bloody Well Right
5. Nils Lofgren - Cry Tough
6. Quincy Jones - Just Once
7. Rita Coolidge - Higher and Higher
8. The Brothers Johnson - Stomp
9. Humble Pie - Hot 'N' Nasty
10. Wes Montgomery - A Day in the Life
11. Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers