A GIRL GROUP, called 'The Sandpipers'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

In the following link is a good story on one of beloved A&M acts, The Sandpipers--or so it seems:

...But much to my suprise, this is a GIRL GROUP (actually backed by an early-incarnation of Gregg and the late-Duane Allman's group, The Allman Joys) which existed around the same time the Male Group, once known as The Grads, were just climbing The Charts with "Guantanamera", on A&M...

Anyway, read all about it...and Prepare to be Suprised! :wtf:

Dave

As I said in the past, besides this outfit there was another "Sandpipers" that sang backup on Golden children's records.

W.B. said:
...besides this outfit, there was another "Sandpipers" that sang backup on Golden Children's Records...

Yes, I had a Captain Kangaroo album with a "Sandpipers" on them--and they sounded like the A&M ones, too! :o What's more, Mitch Miller was the Musical Director there, as well! :shock:

Dave

I've swapped information on common interests with Jeff Lemlich, the author of the article on the female Sandpipers. You will notice their records were on small Florida labels and probably never recieved any national exposure. Anyway if you are interested in any Florida based group, Jeff's email is at the bottom of the article and he has autrhored the definitive history of Florida recording artists. It's a good read packed with plenty of information on well known and not so well known performers and groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom