1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

A&M Corner Fundraiser 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements, Forum Business & Help Desk' started by Brasil_66_Fan, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brasil_66_Fan

Brasil_66_Fan Active Member Thread Starter

MI
    Just submitted my annual fundraiser donation to keep this awesome website going.

Happy holiday to all, especially to Rudy!! :santawave:

2. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Thanks again, @Brasil_66_Fan ! :wave: Hope you and yours have a great holiday season!

If anyone else is interested in doing so, it is completely optional, not at all expected, but appreciated nonetheless. The system to do so can be found under your user menu in the upper right corner, under Account Upgrades. It leads to this page:

http://forum.amcorner.com/account/upgrades

As always, funds go towards server hosting fees, bandwidth, software license fees, domain registrations, and other nickel-and-dime expenses that come along.

3. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member

I kicked in a bit. I'm liking the redesign and the storage space ain't free. :) (Also it motivated me to get my Paypal account straightened out.)

Rudy likes this.
  4. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    The reboot of the site's home page was long overdue (like, at least five years overdue), but I can now do things that would have taken me months to code by hand. I was still hung up for months over one technical aspect I am not completely happy with (joining home page posts to the matching forum thread), but for now it is workable.

We are also showing a very strong presence on social media. We officially don't have staff monitoring any of them, but anything on the site's home page is now broadcast out to Twitter (the one I do monitor), Google+, Facebook and Tumblr automatically. With Twitter, I am actively trying to create tweets that mention A&M-related Twitter accounts (like @HerbAlpert, @SergioMendes, etc.) to gain some of that cross-traffic. In fact, on my recent post on the tijuanabrass.com site about high-res downloads, Acoustic Sounds (@Vinyl_Lives) retweeted it to their followers. Can't do better than free "organic" publicity!

The whole idea of the site is in the midst of a reboot, now that everything is in place. That'll happen once we get past the holidays and I have time to author all of the content to get it rolling. I have a handful finished, a couple dozen more topics in the wings, and a lot more going on to build our popularity.

DeeInKY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.