• We Five

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The Sandpipers

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

JOv2

Vote for your favourite cover version and tell us a bit about why you made your selection. (The selections are listed in release order.)

Bobberman

I voted for The Sandpipers version the We Five version was a close second but something about the Sandpipers arrangement really stood out for me

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I've gotta go with the Baja Marimba Band version here. To me the song should be an instrumental as that's the way I first heard it on the radio. The version that I heard most was the one from Sounds Orchestral. I have that version on the CD called Golden Age of American Popular Music: Hits with Strings and Things.

JOv2

I voted for We Five. Bev Bivens' lead vocal is pleasurable to the nth degree.

we5-promo2.jpg

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Honestly, I don't really like any of these. I'd probably pick the Sandpipers version only because of the swinging arrangement behind it...but don't really care to have their perennially sleep-inducing vocals on this track either--if they omitted the vocals and added Julius to make this a Baja recording (and let's face it, the studio bands behind both were most likely very similar), it would have been perfect.

Guaraldi's version is still the gold standard. 👍

Top Bottom