• Joe Cocker

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • George Benson

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Claudine Longet

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

JOv2

• Vote for your favourite cover version and tell us a bit about why you made your selection. (The selections are listed in release order.)
  • Note: This is our final installment (although I did miss one from early on, which I will post next week). For the following and subsequent weeks, I have a few notable "Two-Artist Shootouts" from the same time period to post that may be of interest. Stay tuned…

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Had to go with George here, even though it's not a Benson album I'd choose to listen to very often.

Bobberman

I vote for Benson on this I love this Beatles classic and I have it by others as well as the fab four

AM Matt

From ABC "Music Scene" (December 1969) Hosted by David Steinberg, the late Joe Cocker's version:

JOv2

I like hearing Harrison's song from the female perspective -- there's something about the role reversal that's inviting. I like Benson, of course, and do concede his version is better from a purely musical standpoint; however, I'm voting for my favourite here. Cocker's singing style has never appealed to me and at this late age, safe to say I'll never warm to it.

Top Bottom