• Chris Montez

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • The Sandpipers

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wes Montgomery

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

JOv2

Vote for your favourite cover version and tell us a bit about why you made your selection. (The selections are listed in release order.)

If I had one last quarter and had to choose between these three, I'd probably go for the Sandpipers version in Spanish, "Ayer."

Wes all the way on this one. I like the inventive arrangement aspects (which are noted on a few other selections on Road Song)

Wes all the way on this one. I like the inventive arrangement aspects (which are noted on a few other selections on Road Song)
Same here. I don't like the other two artists at all, so it's an easy vote. 🤣

Its WES MONTGOMERY all the way for me it was the first instrumental version and cover aside from the original Beatles version i love that Baroque arrangement very English sounding

Funny, but YESTERDAY is THE one Beatles song I would have loved to hear Karen Carpenter sing. I can hear it in my head with a lovely, tasteful, simple, arrangement by Richard.

This is one Beatles tune that's gotta be the Beatles for me. I have never heard another version I've liked better than the Fab Four (which in this case was just Paul McCartney and a string quartet).

First time I heard "Yesterday" was by Ray Conniff And The Singers (from 1967 "It Must Be Him") when I was a baby!!

Back
Top Bottom