A&M Labels & Sleeves Site

Billy Rees

I wasn't sure where to post this, but there was a great website that had A&M (and other studio) record sleeves and labels through the years, but I can't seem to find it anymore... Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks...

We have a couple of threads around here with innersleeves and 45 generic sleeves for A&M.

I think it's still accessible through a web archive.

Grants site is gone ;(
I tried reaching out to Bob Romano (he's the guy you mean) a bunch of times and he never responded. I'm not even sure he's still walking among us. I ended up with almost all of his labels (thanks to "Grant" who restored many of them himself. He also saved the ones he didn't) and they live on my site. Very little is actually lost.

Ed

I tried reaching out to Bob Romano (he's the guy you mean) a bunch of times and he never responded. I'm not even sure he's still walking among us. I ended up with almost all of his labels (thanks to "Grant" who restored many of them himself. He also saved the ones he didn't) and they live on my site. Very little is actually lost.

Ed

Updating to say that I thought you were referencing the old SmugMug site with all the labels on it. Another Grant was a regular contributor. You meant a different Grant. My bad for misunderstanding.

Ed

I believe Rick was referring to the old Grantguererro Carpenters site. It was curated by a David Grant who used to post here.

Doing a little research, I've found that he disappeared for awhile and later resurfaced under another name, where he got into a kerfuffle with another member over some inaccurate information, and I guess he left for good.

It's a shame. He was a valuable member here, and a great Carpenters fan. I hope he's doing well in whatever he's doing, assuming he's even still with us on this Earth.

Whenever I was unsure about a Carpenters release or what it looked like or what it contained many years ago, I always found Grant’s Carpenters site exactly what I needed and it became a quick reference guide. What I liked most was that you could scroll and see the title and a picture before clicking the link to find more about it’s release. For instance the 35th and 40th Japan anniversary box sets. The comp section and singles were what I frequented the most.

For some reason on the Carpenters Resource site, I can’t find either in Chronological or Alphabetical the listings for the 35th Japan black set or the 40th Japan anniversary sets. While they are similar, I feel they deserve their own listings and links with photos of the box set (like how Grant showed them) These things are what help new fans to the Carpenters figure out what these sets are called, what they look like and what they consist of in order for them to find them and add them to their collections. On the 40th, it should be noted (to help new fans) to be on the look out for bootleg versions of this with the misspelled title Maade in America.

Back
Top Bottom