A&M vinyl reissues on Speakers Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
The German reissue label Speakers Corner has a handful of A&M and related vinyl reissues available on 180 gram vinyl. Titles I'm aware of include:

Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66: Herb Alpert Presents
Supertramp: Crime Of The Century
Antonio Carlos Jobim: Wave
George Benson: The Other Side of Abbey Road
Chuck Mangione: Children of Sanchez
Paul Desmond: Summertime
Wes Montgomery: Down Here On The Ground
Joe Cocker: With A Little Help From My Friends
Suzanne Vega: Suzanne Vega
J. J. Cale: Naturally
Joan Armatrading: Joan Armatrading

Also available in a Brazilian mode are:

Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto: Getz/Gilberto
Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd: Jazz Samba
Stan Getz and Luiz Bonfa: Jazz Samba Encore

And a favorite of mine:

Bill Withers: Just As I Am

I will list more as I find them. The site (linked above) is a bit difficult to navigate, but they have over 500 titles reissued so far, and others have told me that the vinyl is quiet and the mastering is superb. They do a lot of Verve and Columbia jazz titles I noticed. :thumbsup:

They also have a suggestion box on their site. While I don't recommend bombarding them with requests, I would recommend sending over just a couple of titles for consideration. In my case, I'd recommend something like Carpenters A Song For You and perhaps the Roger Nichols Small Circle of Friends album. Something that would sell, IOW. I don't think they'd consider Spirits & Worm. :wink:

Captain Bacardi

I noticed a couple of Quincy Jones titles from his Mercury days that are of interest to me, especially his Birth Of A Band LP. I have some of these tracks on a compilation and they're great. Pretty much in the Basie vein, obviously since he was arranging for Basie at the time.

Capt. Bacardi

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
There's another overlooked album on Verve that I picked up a few months ago: Sammy Davis Jr. with Basie, Our Shining Hour. This is another Quincy/Basie project--very nice, tastefully done, and Sammy is in good form also. Li'l Ol' Groovemaker...Basie is one of my favorites of that era. I have both on CD currently.

It looks like Speakers Corner also has Caravanserai by Santana. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom