A&M vinyl reissues on Speakers Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
The German reissue label Speakers Corner has a handful of A&M and related vinyl reissues available on 180 gram vinyl. Titles I'm aware of include:

Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66: Herb Alpert Presents
Supertramp: Crime Of The Century
Antonio Carlos Jobim: Wave
George Benson: The Other Side of Abbey Road
Chuck Mangione: Children of Sanchez
Paul Desmond: Summertime
Wes Montgomery: Down Here On The Ground
Joe Cocker: With A Little Help From My Friends
Suzanne Vega: Suzanne Vega
J. J. Cale: Naturally
Joan Armatrading: Joan Armatrading

Also available in a Brazilian mode are:

Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto: Getz/Gilberto
Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd: Jazz Samba
Stan Getz and Luiz Bonfa: Jazz Samba Encore

And a favorite of mine:

Bill Withers: Just As I Am

I will list more as I find them. The site (linked above) is a bit difficult to navigate, but they have over 500 titles reissued so far, and others have told me that the vinyl is quiet and the mastering is superb. They do a lot of Verve and Columbia jazz titles I noticed. :thumbsup:

They also have a suggestion box on their site. While I don't recommend bombarding them with requests, I would recommend sending over just a couple of titles for consideration. In my case, I'd recommend something like Carpenters A Song For You and perhaps the Roger Nichols Small Circle of Friends album. Something that would sell, IOW. I don't think they'd consider Spirits & Worm. :wink:

I noticed a couple of Quincy Jones titles from his Mercury days that are of interest to me, especially his Birth Of A Band LP. I have some of these tracks on a compilation and they're great. Pretty much in the Basie vein, obviously since he was arranging for Basie at the time.

Capt. Bacardi

There's another overlooked album on Verve that I picked up a few months ago: Sammy Davis Jr. with Basie, Our Shining Hour. This is another Quincy/Basie project--very nice, tastefully done, and Sammy is in good form also. Li'l Ol' Groovemaker...Basie is one of my favorites of that era. I have both on CD currently.

It looks like Speakers Corner also has Caravanserai by Santana. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom