A Tribute To The Carpenters Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bste2003

Forgive me if you have talked about this previously.

I am currently trying to put together an accurate history of Wendy Roberts Tribute to The Carpenters.

Although I was fortunate enough to see Phil Aldridge and Wendy Roberts together in 1992 and 1996 in their performances of "A Tribute To The Carpenters", I understand that they have now separated and become two separate acts.

Can anyone help and am I likely to be able to see them perform again in the U.K

Cheers

Wendy Roberts is still touring UK with her Tribute Concert , I was in Leeds briefly in 2002 and Wendy was due to Perform at Local Theatre one month later.

This week a fellow Carpenters Fan mentioned Wendy had recently Played Concerts in Kent.Not sure if Wendy has a Website or Agent to contact about Future Concerts ?

With Karen's Anniversary Year I would expect Wendy to tour later in 2003 , wonder whether Wendy will perform again at London Palladium as in 1992 ? Did You Attend that Concert ?

Peter....thinking About 1992 Concert......

Peter

:) I unfortunately did not see Wendy at The London palladium but I was lucky enough to catch one of their original performances in 1992 at King Georges Hall in Blackburn, Lancashire to celebrate my 17th birthday. I met Phil & Wendy after the show and they were very nice to talk to.

I caught their performance some years later in 1995 or 1996 at Crewe Lyceum in Cheshire and got to talk to them again after the show. Wendy talked about her daughter in Minehead, Sommerset and University which was my vocation at that time.

I have managed to obtain the promotional posters from both performances and a signed program from 1992 and would very much like to experience their music again sometime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom