A wave of 1st time videos reacting to Carpenters videos

cam89

Hi All,
I have been on a kick watching random people with youtube video channels talking about Richard and Karen Carpenter's videos but so delighted by Karen's voice! Just to hear and see the sheer amazement, delight and disbelief at what a beautiful voice Karen possessed. I mean we know it...but to see other people who really knew nothing about her or her music or the Carpenters duo!

Just thought I would respond to this...

Cam

Agreed! It’s awesome to see a truly genuine reaction from some of the people hearing her for the first time.

As great as singers I grew up with like Whitney Houston, Amy Grant, Sandi Patty, Barbra Streisand, Olivia Newton-John, Elton John, Michael W. Smith, Abba, Silverwind etc....and I loved their songs and songs which really were a Soundtrack to my life...when the Carpenters came around for me in Spring and Summer and Fall of 1988 I was HOOKED. Laughingly watching one of the people thought they were a couple...I was that same way too. I thought she was Latino or Mexican as she looked tanned with dark hair and eyes (Made In America inner sleeve photo and I remember seriously studying that photo for hours, examining all her features and her teeth, eyes, eyebrows and hands and nails and jewelry)...but their MUSIC became MY soundtrack forever more after 1988. Especially the song A Place To Hideway, One Love, Crescent Noon, Another Song, Superstar, I Can't Make Music, Johnny Angel, Aurora/Eventide, Solitaire, One More Time, You, I Have You, Two Sides, Only Yesterday, Because We Are in Love, Those Good Old Dreams, Now, Look To Your Dreams, Make Believe It's Your First Time were ones that I listened to over and over and over again....upon hearing in May 1988 ( I was in Grade 9) and listening to the 8-Track of The Singles 1969-1973, although I did not know the group, I recognized some of those songs from the radio....Yesterday Once More, Close To You, Sing....and I became a life long fan. I think there will be a huge resurgence on Karen Carpenter as a fantastic vocalist (move over Adele and Taylor Swift and Mariah and Celine...I do love these girls though) but also as a drummer and her story is being re-told but in new ways evidenced by all the documentaries on her, and now on youtube all these people talking about her. I should do one too...but not on the most popular ones...Close To You, Begun....etc, but possibly on Solitaire, Trying To Get the Feeling Again, Two Sides, Eve and so many other underrated gems.....

My thoughts,
Cam

I have noticed a wave of these YouTube videos too! Infact more and more every week.

It's so interesting watching younger people reacting to the duo - especially Karen's voice. Infact 2 more popped up on my news feed today.

Back
Top Bottom