1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Abba, Bee Gees and Carpenters

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Bruno, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Bruno

Bruno Member Thread Starter

Here in Germany we have a bilingual tv station (German and French) which is called ARTE . Go to www.arte.tv to find a two part music documentary called "Abba, Bee Gees and Carpenters - The ABC of rock taboos ". It is about those three groups, who were turned down by "music critics " during their heigh days, but who later became "crown jewels" of pop music. It features performances and interviews of the Carpenters, which I have never seen before.

2. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR likes this.
  3. Kacfan

Kacfan Member

It’s funny , those are the theee seventies groups whose music made it to China after the end of the cultural revolution and became mega famous . Probably plus John Denver , Simon and Garfunkel. Everybody knows about the carpenters phenomenon in Japan, but in the 80’s and 90’s it sound be hard to find a person in China who did not know the song yesterday one more . But it was all bootleg so perhaps not talked about .

no1kandrfan likes this.
  4. newvillefan

newvillefan I Know My First Name Is Stephen

ABBA/BEE GEES/CARPENTERS A.B.C Sampler.
    Rare 2001 Japanese Universal promotional-only 20-track sampler CD.
    Catalogue Number: SIC-5001.

Issued to promote the greatest hits compilations of ABBA, Bee Gees & Carpenters, features six tracks by ABBA & seven tracks each by Bee Gees and Carpenters. Unique picture sleeve.

[​IMG]

Tracklist:

1. How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees
    2. Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
    3. The Rainbow Connection - Carpenters
    4. Yesterday Once More - Carpenters
    5. SOS - ABBA
    6. Chiquitita - ABBA
    7. Night Fever - Bee Gees
    8. First Of May - Bee Gees
    9. I Won't Last A Day Without You - Carpenters
    10. I Need To be In Love - Carpenters
    11. Mamma Mia - ABBA
    12. Dancing Queen - ABBA
    13. You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees
    14. Emotion - Bee Gees
    15. Top Of The World - Carpenters
    16. Sing - Carpenters
    17. Gimme Gimme Gimme - ABBA
    18. Waterloo - ABBA
    19. Close To you - Carpenters
    20. Melody Fair - Bee Gees

5. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Well-Known Member

U.K
    Still in documentaries, another book coming out and the royal philharmonic work with them/him, this is why I can`t understand why Richard still thinks they aren't `interesting` or relevant!

6. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Well-Known Member

U.K
    I just searched for one of the clips in that documentary, Jacob Collier singing `Close To You`.
    have to say, whilst I wouldn't buy it, I kinda liked it :D

Must Hear This Album likes this.