Abba, Bee Gees and Carpenters

Bruno

Here in Germany we have a bilingual tv station (German and French) which is called ARTE . Go to www.arte.tv to find a two part music documentary called "Abba, Bee Gees and Carpenters - The ABC of rock taboos ". It is about those three groups, who were turned down by "music critics " during their heigh days, but who later became "crown jewels" of pop music. It features performances and interviews of the Carpenters, which I have never seen before.

Here in Germany we have a bilingual tv station (German and French) which is called ARTE . Go to www.arte.tv to find a two part music documentary called "Abba, Bee Gees and Carpenters - The ABC of rock taboos ". It is about those three groups, who were turned down by "music critics " during their heigh days, but who later became "crown jewels" of pop music. It features performances and interviews of the Carpenters, which I have never seen before.
It’s funny , those are the theee seventies groups whose music made it to China after the end of the cultural revolution and became mega famous . Probably plus John Denver , Simon and Garfunkel. Everybody knows about the carpenters phenomenon in Japan, but in the 80’s and 90’s it sound be hard to find a person in China who did not know the song yesterday one more . But it was all bootleg so perhaps not talked about .

ABBA/BEE GEES/CARPENTERS A.B.C Sampler.
Rare 2001 Japanese Universal promotional-only 20-track sampler CD.
Catalogue Number: SIC-5001.

Issued to promote the greatest hits compilations of ABBA, Bee Gees & Carpenters, features six tracks by ABBA & seven tracks each by Bee Gees and Carpenters. Unique picture sleeve.

VARIOUS-POP_A.B.C%2BSAMPLER-220764.jpg

Tracklist:

1. How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees
2. Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
3. The Rainbow Connection - Carpenters
4. Yesterday Once More - Carpenters
5. SOS - ABBA
6. Chiquitita - ABBA
7. Night Fever - Bee Gees
8. First Of May - Bee Gees
9. I Won't Last A Day Without You - Carpenters
10. I Need To be In Love - Carpenters