Advanced Apologies for any forthcoming confusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Sorry. I think I just made a big mistake. I agreed to the Terms over at another A&M fan site and have discovered I can no longer use the letter before "T" followed immediately by the letter before "Q" followed immediately by any 3, 4 or 5 digit integer.

Also, due to this restrictive agreement, since I can no longer use the first letters of the last names of two of the music industry's greatest creative forces with an ampersand (&) between them, you will all understand that when I refer to "B&N" I don't mean Burlington and Northern Railroad. Simply back up one letter on each and you'll know what labe-- er, I mean what "organization" to which I refer...

As I write, my lawyers are trying to find a loophole to get me out of this agreement, but it's not looking good due to the grandfatehr clause -- apparently my children are also bound by this draconian agreement. We shall see. Latest news is that two veteran record industry types, a Mr "A. Halbert" and "M. Joss" (names changed to avoid influencing their upcoming copyright infringement trial) have been barred from using their names or initials in future business dealings due to an infringement on this other site. Whew!

--Mr Bill
all in a day's fun... But one lawyer thinks I can get away with "Herp Albert."

^^
lol2.gif
icon_smile_lachuh.gif

xxrotflmao.gif

Harry
...LOL, online...

Whew, lucky for me I haven't been able to find this other site. So I'm truly grateful to the person who posted the message but didn't provide a link; he's pulled my peanuts out of the fire, apparently.
Even "google.com" doesn't mention a site when you enter the individual's name.
JB

PS: remember the difference between a lawyer and a rooster. The rooster clucks defiance ....

LPJim said:
...remember the difference between a lawyer and a rooster. The rooster clucks defiance ....

Hehehehehee! Thoughts like that remind me of why I don't miss my former job in legal video... If I'd stayed I very well could've found myself working for the defense on one of our local "baby/child killer cases." :sad:

As for that other site, the information available is pretty stripped down. No specific data (lest we "steal" the notion that artist Z had 3 top ten singles). SO if you read it on that site and then state publicly that artist Z had 3 top ten singles you are hereby guilty of copyright infringement and must forfeit your left arm. If your left arm has already been forfeitied in a prior case, you must surrender your first born son, and so on.

--Mr Bill
Keeping this thread fun! :)
"facts themsleves can't be copyrighted, though there is a modicum of protection for the manner or means in which they are presented based on the intended audience and other variables" The New Copyright Law Explained, Barnes and Barnes, Editors Mahotella Press, 2001

Well, shoot! I might as well close up shop, sell the computers and the house, and move to that remote cabin in Canada I've been talking about for ages. (Certainly have had enough practice living w/o the bare essentials for the past two days!!)

My recommendation is that we all start posting our messages here using ROT13 encoding, or we start conversing in Pig Latin. Ix-nay on the Erbie-Hay, OK?

And hey, don't it make ya feel like, ummm...
throwup.gif
(Or do ya just wanna
flipa.gif
the whole thing?? :D )

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom