Agnetha of ABBA talks briefly about Karen/Carpenters

They released 2 new Abba songs on line today. Finally!!!! The Agnetha cut is nice, the Frida cut, is so-so. She sounds like Bea Arthur, her voice is so deep. The whole album is released on 11/5/2021, and Avatar Tour to follow. Can’t wait!!!!!

They released 2 new Abba songs on line today. Finally!!!! The Agnetha cut is nice, the Frida cut, is so-so. She sounds like Bea Arthur, her voice is so deep. The whole album is released on 11/5/2021, and Avatar Tour to follow. Can’t wait!!!!!
Was so exciting with the livestream last night, from a.o. Gröna Lund (amusement park in Stockholm, near the ABBA museum) and London:

ABBA Voyage - LIVE (YouTube)

Both the new songs are fine ABBA songs, Frida is right down in Karen's basement register :)
And yes, pre-ordered my copy of the new album :cool:

Last edited:
Wow! Thank you for posting that link. I hope all of you in England get to go, especially Stephen! This will be an awesome fall with a new Carpenters book and Richard speaks! A new Abba album and virtual tour, and a new album from Elton John. What more could a fanboy or fangirl ask for? Many prayers finally answered, at last. Hopes and dreams sometimes do come true.

What better timing, than Carpenters' Thank You for the Music, issued as a tie-in with the new book ... we can dream :)

So exciting that the band is back together for this release. Such a rare opportunity. I plan on soaking it up.

Makes me think of how Karen's rich voice would sound today had she still been with us.

Amazon has exclusive Orange vinyl and Target has exclusive alternate cover art for the cd and vinyl releases, for collectors.

Jag saknar Gröna Lund 😫
(I miss Gröna Lund!)
Den ska vänta på din nästa besök :) (it'll be waiting for your next visit) I don't speak Swedish tyvärr, but visited ABBA's country several times over the past 10+ years, so I did pick up a few words here and there 🤠

I studied abroad in Stockholm! I admit I went a bit ABBA-crazy there. I tried looking for an early or first pressing of "Ring Ring" on vinyl to bring home, but tyvärr, det fanns inte :sad:

Amazon has exclusive Orange vinyl and Target has exclusive alternate cover art for the cd and vinyl releases, for collectors.
This is exciting news for ABBA fans and a long wait, never thought this would happen. I'm not crazy about the original album artwork. I guess it works against the title of the album but for me it's always been about the group being photographed for the album cover. I like Target's alternate cover art a bit better. I looks like CD Japan is releasing their SHM-CD along with 2 bonus DVD's that are all region.

There are also CD Singles available from the ABBA music store, I like the individual covers for each of the group members for the album cover. Wow...so many choices about which to buy and then the vinyl too.
So does this mean CD's are not dead? :laugh: Anyone buying the vinyl versions?

This is a set of ABBA's new album "Voyage" and "ABBA in Japan." Japanese edition of "Voyage" exclusively features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format. 2 DVD "ABBA in Japan" features a studio live from a legendary TV show "ABBA Special," which was produced when they visited Japan for promotion in 1978. Also features two documentaries about their visit to Japan each in 1978 and in 1980.

I studied abroad in Stockholm! I admit I went a bit ABBA-crazy there. I tried looking for an early or first pressing of "Ring Ring" on vinyl to bring home, but tyvärr, det fanns inte :sad:
I hope you did manage to find some of their Swedish solo records?

I was happy that Frida's very hard to find 1971 LP was re-issued a few years ago on Record Store Day. Many of Agnetha's solo LP's have been re-issued as well, not too long ago. Both songs here are from the early '70s, nice basslines, too :cool:

I'm sure it wasn't too hard to find copies of the ladies' mid-'70s solo albums in Swedish when you were in Stockholm? Interesting to hear an ABBA song on each of their LPs ("Fernando" on Frida's "Ensam" LP and "S.O.S" on Agnetha's "Elva kvinnor i ett hus" skiva) (<-- several YT links there :wink: )
Or maybe their collaborations (of all four members) with young singer Ted Gärdestad, like this one, "Buffalo Bill" (from 1974).

Last edited:
This is exciting news for ABBA fans and a long wait, never thought this would happen. I'm not crazy about the original album artwork. I guess it works against the title of the album but for me it's always been about the group being photographed for the album cover. I like Target's alternate cover art a bit better. I looks like CD Japan is releasing their SHM-CD along with 2 bonus DVD's that are all region.

There are also CD Singles available from the ABBA music store, I like the individual covers for each of the group members for the album cover. Wow...so many choices about which to buy and then the vinyl too.
So does this mean CD's are not dead? :laugh: Anyone buying the vinyl versions?

This is a set of ABBA's new album "Voyage" and "ABBA in Japan." Japanese edition of "Voyage" exclusively features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format. 2 DVD "ABBA in Japan" features a studio live from a legendary TV show "ABBA Special," which was produced when they visited Japan for promotion in 1978. Also features two documentaries about their visit to Japan each in 1978 and in 1980.
I got the Deluxe CD Box, so I still have photos all 4 members there :D I might later on go for a vinyl copy as well (or maybe a cassette? 🙃)

I hope you did manage to find some of their Swedish solo records?

I was happy that Frida's very hard to find 1971 LP was re-issued a few years ago on Record Store Day. Many of Agnetha's solo LP's have been re-issued as well, not too long ago. Both songs here are from the early '70s, nice basslines, too :cool:

I'm sure it wasn't too hard to find copies of the ladies' mid-'70s solo albums in Swedish when you were in Stockholm? Interesting to hear an ABBA song on each of their LPs ("Fernando" on Frida's "Ensam" LP and "S.O.S" on Agnetha's "Elva kvinnor i ett hus" skiva) (<-- several YT links there :wink: )
Or maybe their collaborations (of all four members) with young singer Ted Gärdestad, like this one, "Buffalo Bill" (from 1974).

I really like "Elva kvinnor i ett hus" but imho they butchered the remastering of all the music. Wasn't able to find an original record from the 70s in Stockholm :\ so just bought it on the iTunes Store. Too much peak limiting, but oh well :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom