Akiko Kobayashi singing TOUCH ME WHEN WE'RE DANCING

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

Hi All,
I was on WinMX the other night and found a clip of Akiko singing Touch Me When We're Dancing. It is cool. She sings part Japanese and part English but it almost sounds like Karen was singing Japanese. I was quite amazed and liked it. I wonder if I can get more songs of her singing Karen's songs on WinMX. I wonder when she did this song?

My thoughts,
Cameron
[email protected]

www.carponline.bravepages.com

Hi

I would love to hear Aikiko singing this as it's my favourite song of all the ones Richard and Karen recorded...

I sometimes think this was the perfect song to illustrate just where they were heading in musical terms...although I prefer Karen's voice from the 72-73 era (Song For You, YOM etc), there's just something about her voice on this record that makes me melt...she sounds so sultry and without any effort!!

Any links to this source anyone?

Stephen

cam89 said:
I wonder if I can get more songs of her singing Karen's songs on WinMX.

Akiko released a whole CD of Carpenters songs back in March. It is titled "Song For You - Carpenters Anthology" (only available in Japan). Akiko is accompanied by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra, and the arrangements are all orchestral, with no drums or other percussion. I like the arrangements very much, although Akiko doesn't sound nearly as much like Karen as she did on the RC-produced album. She sings in a higher key on this CD.

Details available on the HMV Japan website:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=197088

Murray

She's a good writer and has good vocal qualities.
I'm not familiar with winnymax.
Still, since I'm a C's fan, her version of this song really turns me off.
I have a 45 of this song in Japanese. The lyric was re-written by Reiko Yukawa, who had an interview with Karen on her solo album, her husband and so forth, and the arrangement was similar to Richard's.

I remember someone called Ran? did provide a video clip of Akiko singing live on a Japanese tv show on his website but I'm not sure if it is still there.

Akiko living in England returned to Japan to appear on the stage for a Carpenters tribute concert early this year and did her version there,too.
It was hard to hear her sing clearly so I decided her singing had gone down after all these years staying away from concerts.

I bought a copy of her latest cd Song For You and my feeling is that the wonderful orchestration is so loud and clear that you have trouble catching Akiko's words.
Some of the song were re-written by Akiko herself and they are pretty inspiring, giving you a different impression of the songs.

I hope she will continue to sing more to sing as well as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom