1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Official Review [Album]: "A KIND OF HUSH" (SP-4581)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ***** (BEST)

5 vote(s)
  2. ****

11 vote(s)
  3. ***

34 vote(s)
  4. **

7 vote(s)
  5. *

1 vote(s)
  1. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

Record Mirror (UK)
    A Kind of Hush Album Review June 19, 1976

I like this one...thrills oh yeah...love this song!!
    Record Mirror
    INTBIL Single Review June 26, 1976

Jamesj75, Jeff and Carpe diem like this.
  2. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

As much as I love it, I have to say that listening to Hush immediately after Horizon is almost like listening to a different duo. Not a bad thing necessarily, but it is very different in tone.
  3. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

Upon further review...the more I hear this album the better I like it. Two of the "fillers", One More Time & I Have You are outstanding "Karen Moments". Just great vocal performances, wonderfully arranged. And I am finding myself getting more receptive to Sandy, Boat To Sail, and dare I say, Goofus...(there, I said it!). This album is a better effort than I first realized, and a pleasant surprise.
    Jamesj75 and GaryAlan like this.
  4. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

One More Time continues to grow into being one of my all time favorites. What can I say about Boat to Sail that I haven't said before? Just love it.