⭐ Official Review [Album]: "A SONG FOR YOU" (SP-3511)

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ALBUM?

• ***** (BEST)

Votes: 56 70.0%

Votes: 20 25.0%

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
According to “The Essential Collection” notes, the album was released June 13, 1972.
Thanks for confirming, I suspected it. If the source is TEC notes, then it comes from RC himself. It will be reason to hear it one more time, for the good times...

Thanks for confirming, I suspected it. If the source is TEC notes, then it comes from RC himself. It will be reason to hear it one more time, for the good times...
Now then does anyone know when the MFSL version was released in 1989?
Also, on June 13, 1972 Sammy Davis Jr’s “The Candyman” was the #1 on Billboard and Don McLean’s “Vincent” was #1 in the UK.

6 days later on June 19, 1972 Goodbye To Love would release & become the Carpenters most controversial record.

I hope its ok for me to ask for this since its not on a cd but can anyone make a rip of the single mix of Flat Baroque? Google drive preferred but youtube is ok. This will be my nexf RC purchase. Just wanna tack this at the end as a bonus. Would appreciate it very much.

One of my favorite "instrumentals" from our Duo. I always thought this would make a great opening theme song to a TV sitcom, for some reason.

All detailed on the Resource by our own Chris May:

For me, this was the first Carpenters album that I thought was truly outstanding from start to finish. I liked everything. Back in the 70's, I thought that the only good songs on the first 2 albums were the hits. After playing them a number of times and coming to that conclusion, I just shelved them and didn't listen to them for years. The Tan album was the in-betweener. It has some really great songs and a few that I thought were just OK. (Like Saturday, Drasilla Penny and the Backarach medley.)

But my tastes have changed over the years. I have re-discovered Close to You and I really like it. Sorry I snubbed it so long. Ticket to Ride is the only one that I haven't fully embraced. The vocals don't stand out to me in the mix and they don't fully have that sound yet that would be magical.

It looks exactly like mine. I'm not sure what you mean by the track numbers - they all agree with mine.

It goes 10 11 12 11 on the back. Just wondering if its a misprint or bootleg. On discogs the picure for the back shoes 10 11 12 13 as it should

Is there a remote chance RC would ever release a "deluxe" 2 CD (or more) edition of this album with alternate versions and/or backing tracks?
He did include some outtakes of the DJ banter on both “From The Top” and “The Essential Collection”.

In 1997 Richard also remixed all the NT Oldies songs as separate tracks with no DJ with the exception of “Da Doo Ron Ron” for the 1997 Readers Digest compilation.

Back
Top Bottom