• Two exciting new Carpenters releases are in the pipeline! The new book Carpenters: The Musical Legacy will be available on November 16, 2021 and can be ordered here. A big thanks to the authors and Richard Carpenter for their tremendous effort in compiling this book! Also, the new solo piano album Richard Carpenter's Piano Songbook is being released January 14, 2022, and is available for ordering here.

⭐ Official Review [Album]: "CARPENTERS" S/T (SP-3502)

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ALBUM?

• ***** (BEST)

Votes: 24 35.3%

Votes: 35 51.5%

Votes: 7 10.3%

Votes: 1 1.5%

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

GDB2LV

I guess it helps to have a nice home theater amp with a room full of speakers……… it is their best selling studio album, and my first Carpenters purchase in the summer of 1971. Couldn’t play it enough back then. I don’t listen to it as much as ASFY, or CTY, TTR, and Lovelines. It’s still a great listen once in awhile though. My only complaint is that it’s too short.

CraigGA

I guess it helps to have a nice home theater amp with a room full of speakers……… it is their best selling studio album, and my first Carpenters purchase in the summer of we 1971. Couldn’t play it enough back then. I don’t listen to it as much as ASFY, or CTY, TTR, and Lovelines. It’s still a great listen once in awhile though. My only complaint is that it’s too short.
As I have mentioned before, Rainy Days and Mondays sounds great with all the stacked voices present. Plus, I like the original drums. It was not my first but I sure played it so much as an early teen that I went through 2 copies from repeated play. For All We Know is one of my favorite songs. There isn’t much better. It’s funny looking back at that magical period. When playing them, the memories spring forward and the groove of the times feel rediscovered.

Cuyler

Bright colored pinwheels go 'round in my head.
I wish my vinyl sounded good, but the two vinyl versions I have were purchased in around 2005, when I was becoming a fan, and both sound beaten up from years in someone else’s collection and years in my collection with suboptimal turntable setups through the years.

I also have to admit, with this one, I’ve always listened to the CD because of my tinkering with the MYOKOM videos and matching the [digital] audio to the video.

(That “Hideaway” video with the thousands of views was mine from maybe 2007; someone lifted it from my old channel, before YouTube was acquired by Google, and it passed through a few generations of lossy conversation, and that’s what you see on YouTube today. I spent a whole lot of time trying to match up the audio to the video. Windows Movie Maker, anyone?)

lily-anne

karen carpenter's unrecognized daughter
this is my fav album! it contains so many of my fav songs - a place to hideaway, one love, bacharach/david medley and many more! i love every single song in this album, even druscilla penny! and tbh i always thought that druscilla penny kinda gives a little bit of the beatles vibe..? idk but i like that song. (not my favourite tho) and i purchased the first press of this album couple months ago so i play 'saturday' on every saturday morning XD

Top Bottom