1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Official Review [Album]: "OFFERING"/"TICKET TO RIDE" (SP-4205)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, Jan 1, 2013.

How Would You Rate This Album?

1. ***** (Best)

11 vote(s)
  2. ****

12 vote(s)
  3. ***

15 vote(s)
  4. **

7 vote(s)
  5. *

1 vote(s)
  1. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

^^Side two...correction to above....begins with Close To You,
    the song is edited from the LP version of Close To You.
    That is, it cuts off right after the final piano notes.....
  2. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I remember mentioning previously ( maybe not my memory isn't perfect) the Ticket to ride album has always had a special place in my library as it was in my parent's music library and it wasnt until the mid 80s when I finally Got my own vinyl copy which like many other records I owned I wore it out thankfully when it showed up on CD I replaced the old vinyl of it and it Still sounds pristine Even today. to me it's almost like a time machine of sorts Richard's opening monologue on "Your wonderful parade" I found to be funny ( and I was just little tyke when I first heard it") needless to say I Couldn't pick a favorite because all the songs were favorites and still are. And Karen's drumming was Superb.IMO.
    Don Malcolm likes this.