Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pressure Down

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Walkin' On the Water

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Chance in a Million

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
She’s lowered the key to some of her songs and no longer sings them in the original key. It happens to a lot of singers. As you get older you lose your range, especially the upper notes. Elton John can’t even sing in falsetto any more, so Rocket Man is done in hard voice. She’s still amazing though.

Elton's issues have to do with vocal surgery. Once he had it, he completely lost his falsetto.

Ed

The entire album so I can participate in this poll.......and yourself if you haven't heard all of this........which I hadn't. It will make you appreciate Karen even more if that is possible. lol

I never heard this album. Show Me The Way to Your Heart that Newvillefan posted showed promise and his voice is not that bad, just high for pop, but overall well performed and is comparative to Debbie Gibson‘s Lost In Your Eyes. If more of him was in the backup vocals it may have helped. I’m sure it’s hard for solo artists over a group of guys. His range is good and colorful.

"Show Me The Way To Your Heart" is the best song/production, by not a good voice for this song. "Walk On Water" was my second choice.
I thought since we have been discussing "Time" on another thread this deserved a listen. Since the recording originates from the same producer, Richard Carpenter.

I think this showed promise for Scott, but his adult voice, although still somewhat high, is ions better than what I heard here.

Scott Grimes has an interesting "count" (on Youtube) for the song: Show Me The Way To Your Heart.
I do enjoy Richard's arrangement of the song, by the way.
Anyway, the views/count number for the song is presently nearly 3.5 MILLION. That is interesting !
Even better, Richard Carpenters' song, Calling Your Name Again,
presently exceeds 13.7 MILLION views. That is very interesting (But, in my opinion, it is a great song).
So, while their respective albums never did well, certain songs do live on !

Seems that Richard got a few of the songs that he produced around this time from Australian singer John Farnham’s album, ‘Whispering Jack’, (recorded in 1985 / 86):- ‘You’re the Voice’, ‘Pressure Down’ and ‘Touch of Paradise’, (all also singles for John Farnham).

‘You’re the Voice’ was a Number One in Australia for John Farnham and Top 10 in a number of European countries.

The ‘Whispering Jack’ album sold over two million copies worldwide but wasn’t really known in the US. This is why it might have been seen as a good mine of material for US release by other artists.

John Farnham was the lead singer of Little River Band for a few years but was not part of the iconic Australian line-up that was big on the American charts, when Glenn Shorrock was lead vocalist.

"A Touch Of Paradise" was done by Véronique Beliveau, but that was around the same time as the Scott Grimes album. In fact Scott appears on Véronique's album!

Back
Top Bottom