Album Sequencing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re singles 69-73 - on my cassette, on the booklet it has ticket to ride and its gonna take some time listed as being swapped with each other, however on the actual cassette itself it DOESN'T list them as being swapped - ie TTR on side 2 and IGTST on side 1 - as i dont have a cassette player anymore I cant check it out!!

Albums should have a natural progression and they were often made that way. CDs came along with a shuffle button and ruined all that ... now with downloads it's even worse. That's why I HATE compilations ... the tracks are often taken from all different time periods and don't fit together; unless the musicians themselves are involved there's no real art to this. Graphic artists have also lost out ... they've had to go from 12" design, to CD size, now to a tiny itunes icon. Sad really.

That's life. I miss some of the sensory qualities from listening to vynil (covers, sequencing, labels) but I enjoy having the say on how I'm going to listen to something that I payed for. Live music shows are all about the artist and the performance, private music experiencing is up to the consumer, thus making your own theme compilations and tracks sequencing come as a very welcome consequence of the times.

I always stick TTGTFA after Solitaire when I listen to Horizon. I like the way it slots in right before Happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom