⭐ Official Review [Album]: "VOICE OF THE HEART" (SP-4954)

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ALBUM?

• ***** (BEST)

Votes: 19 17.8%

Votes: 39 36.4%

Votes: 39 36.4%

Votes: 7 6.5%

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
there are a few entries for peter pan moon on youtube. it is a gentle, child-like song. i do not know if it is the same as carpenters recorded, but it is a unique title to have multiple offerings. google search peter pan moon, the song. i can easily hear a richard carpenter treatment.

Sounds like another Rainbow Connection…thanks, I’ll have to look it up.

I’ve looked too and nothing. At first I thought it might have been a soundtrack song but no such song exists. Given that it’s never been recorded by another artist, it sounds like a demo they were considering releasing at the time but that they never got round to finishing.

We know from Richard himself that are still a few songs with a complete or partial lead that he could put out if he wanted to. The tracks with a partial lead could be woven into a nice medley, similar to what ABBA did with the ‘Undeleted’ tracks:

Complete Leads

All My Life
Won’t You Play A Simple Melody
Try And Win A Friend
Something’s Missing
Why Don’t They Understand

Partial Leads

All Good Things Don’t Have To End
Come And Be Kind
Peter Pan Moon
Fallin’ For Love
I wonder if any of the songs Richard is rumored to have sung lead on in the early 1980s ("Fool Me," "Some Guys Have All the Luck," "Love as Old as the Heart") have complete leads.

there are a few entries for peter pan moon on youtube. it is a gentle, child-like song. i do not know if it is the same as carpenters recorded, but it is a unique title to have multiple offerings. google search peter pan moon, the song. i can easily hear a richard carpenter treatment.
now i am going to contradict my own statement, i found this comment::

Very nice! Is this the same song that the Carpenters recorded? But Richard can't release it because Karen never completed her lead vocal? How did you find the sheet music? It's a very obscure song. Thanks for posting!

·
1 reply

@KevinThomasCavanaugh
4 years ago
No - I wrote this song

I’m sure I read somewhere long ago, there was a rumour that Carpenters had been offered ‘Candle on the Water’ in ‘77. Would have been perfect, even though with the Passage sessions they were seemingly trying to escape the Disney-esque image …

I’m sure I read somewhere long ago, there was a rumour that Carpenters had been offered ‘Candle on the Water’ in ‘77. Would have been perfect, even though with the Passage sessions they were seemingly trying to escape the Disney-esque image …
I think they were in talks to do songs...or a song...from the "Rescuers" -"Someone's Waiting For You". I think Candle on the Water was Petes Dragon. But I see your point. Both were Disney both were from '77.
It took on average 3-4 years to do an animated feature though, so I'm guessing they were approached in '75 or '76 to do it. Richard must have been DEAD against it because I bet karen would've done it for free.

I think they were in talks to do songs...or a song...from the "Rescuers" -"Someone's Waiting For You". I think Candle on the Water was Petes Dragon. But I see your point. Both were ... so I'm guessing they were approached in '75 or '76 to do it. Richard must have been DEAD against it because I bet karen would've done it for free.
Both are very lovely songs, made for her voice/style, and exactly what she should have been singing - exactly what her millions of fans worldwide were waiting and hoping to hear from her...just another lost golden opportunity in a long string of them...

Starting to think I'll never get this or Lovelines RC cds. :sad: I ordered a cd from discogs but the seller sent me the 40th Ann. Cd by mistake. Granted I know it's the same masters but want to complete my collection. Messaged a user on discogs about his copy of Lovelines. Hope they tripple check and give me te right answer. I hate mod cds. I know they're semi official but still seem off to me. I want the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom