1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Official Review [Album]: "VOICE OF THE HEART" (SP-4954)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, Sep 30, 2013.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ALBUM?

1. ***** (BEST)

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. ****

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. ***

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. **

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. *

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    Voice of the Heart
    Stereo Review Feb 1984

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jamesj75, Murray, GaryAlan and 3 others like this.
  2. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

This article nails it better than any I’ve ever read. He’s more or less saying that even by 1983, they were miles out of step with whatever else was going on around them. That’s largely down to Richard and the material he chose for Karen from 1980 onwards. I honestly believe that had Karen lived, and they’d gone down this road throughout the 1980s, that they would have died a slow death as a successful commercial act. The decline had already begun anyway.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool likes this.
  3. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

^^Yes, the above "Stereo Review" review of VOH
    says it all: both the positives and the negatives regards the album-- and the duo !
    That was an insightful review of the Album's strengths.
    I do like to see Two Lives on someone's radar ! A great song.....

Rick-An Ordinary Fool likes this.
  4. Can a mod change this? I have two copies on 8-Track and that’s missing as one of the Mediums. Thanks

5. Chris May

Chris May Resident 'Carpenterologist' Moderator Thread Starter

Got it! Thanks for the heads up Kristopher!

Kristopher likes this.