All Because of You

benm1976

I was listening to the Close to You album on Spotify through my earbuds, and when it finished, it automatically played Karen’s All Because of You (which I really like). Oddly enough, it had an extended instrumental ending which I’d never heard before. I was in the middle of cleaning out my car, and I grabbed my phone and saw that the screen said I was listening to Disney Girls by Captain & Tennille. I don’t recall ever hearing this song before, but it turns out that the intro makes a lovely outro to All Because of You. :)

"Disney Girls" is an old Beach Boys song written and sung by Bruce Johnston. It re-surfaced in the earlier 70s when Art Garfunkel chose it for his BREAKAWAY album. Interestingly, performing backup vocals on THAT version was Bruce Johnston himself and none other than an unknown Toni Tennille.

Then the Captain and Tennille resurrected the song again on their LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER.

I just listened to the Beach Boys’ version. It’s a really sweet song. Would’ve been a nice one for the Carpenters.

Two of my favorite recordings, and you're right, benm1976.. the start of Captain & Tennille's Disney Girls makes a beautiful transition over the last couple of seconds of All Because of You! Thanks for sharing that. I think I'll play them together often now. :)

Then the Captain and Tennille resurrected the song again on their LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER.

It’s a nice tune, like a sister song to “The Rainbow Connection”. Theirs is exactly what Carpenters’ version would have sounded like - drenched in strings. It actually sounds as if it is one of Richard’s own arrangements but with a different female lead on it.

Back
Top Bottom