"All Of My Life" with a new twist. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as bothered by the fact that a guy is singing this as "wideawake" is. My main beef is the mix. The synth strings are too loud and the background vocals are panned oddly. The synth strings should be lower in the mix and reverb'd. The backgrounds should be lower, more reverb'd, and more spread out. The drums are clearly electronic and I'm not loving that either with a presentation like this. They make more organic-sounding drum plugins than the ones used here.

The arrangement is interesting and your vocal fits in well.

Ed

Imagine... You record one of the songs of your favorite artists. You excitedly share your recording with your friends, and you decide to post the recording at the main fan website of your favorite artists by creating a message thread with the song's title. Almost daily, you check the website to see if anyone has responded. Almost 2 weeks go by, and you are excited to learn that someone has finally posted a response to your performance. And then you read the response, and it is negative... And shortly thereafter, there is another somewhat negative (though more technical) response. At least a few people have given "likes" to your performance. In this instance, I feel it wasn't enough to give the original post a "like." I wanted to say more. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance, Kevin! You did a great job! And I have enjoyed your other posted performances.

I, too, have recorded songs by the Carpenters. I am an adequate tenor, yet I won't blow anyone's socks off with my singing, and there won't be people clamoring for me to send my recordings to record companies---well, other than my mother! I would never in a million years post one of my recordings at this site, mainly because I wouldn't want to be picked apart by other posters. I would just add, in general, that supportive, encouraging, and welcoming words are far more appealing than the reverse: at this site and in daily life.:)

I would say that everyone is entitled to share their opinion and by putting your own performances on a public forum, this in itself means that you're inevitably going to attract comments and feedback - good and bad.

I thought it was good! It's nice to hear that Carpenter songs are still being played by a lot of people in different ways. I hope Maggie and Kevin do more of them and share them with us.

Wonderfully heartfelt tributes here--particularly welcome as the song choice comes from that often-overlooked OFFERING/TICKET TO RIDE lp, which really has so many gems on it. And it's interesting to hear male singers tackle this song. I applaud their efforts--and their courage in inviting comparison with Karen's vocal...which has become one of my all-time favorites due to that extra "edge," particularly in the second half of the song (when Richard builds the song toward its "big" finish). Kudos to both of our singers for being inspired by such a beautiful--and still underrated, IMO--example of Richard's early songwriting talents.

My favorite part was the way you chose to tag the first line as your ending... Nifty part of the arrangement....

I would say that everyone is entitled to share their opinion and by putting your own performances on a public forum, this in itself means that you're inevitably going to attract comments and feedback - good and bad.
I see both sides... One does want honesty - for sure... Unfortunate though, that the first comment was - uh - er - not too flattering....
That said, I think it was a sweet rendition of a lovely song. And a heck of a lot better than I might have done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom