Alternate Ending?

I wonder if that EP was released that way. It's an easy enough edit to recreate by just editing some of the pause, but one wonders why.

Still not working for me here on the board, but I went to YouTube to hear it. Seems like someone thought whoever was listening to it wouldn’t have the patience to wait for the ending, so “let’s cut it up and get right to it.”

Whatever the case, I like the “real” version better.

Actually, now that I think of it, that's not likely the audio from the EP since it's in stereo and a UK EP of that vintage would surely be in mono.

In listening to my various versions of the song, I noticed that in that last quiet section before the ending, the mono 45 has a little studio noise that's filtered out on the stereo version.

That sounds totally like an edit to me, but since I have heard the original approximately 10,000 times vs. hearing this version a total of 3 times, I could be wrong and just thinking the alternate version sounds "odd."

No, you're not wrong, it IS odd. If you count to the beat, it just comes off as ... wrong

Some YouTube fakery here, I suspect. The EP only ever came out in mono; the real label is below. I don't have a copy but it's very very unlikely that A&M in the UK would have bothered with the edit.
herb-alpert-and-the-tijuana-brass-with-a-little-help-from-my-friends.jpg

Back
Top Bottom