1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Analyzing Carpenters Recordings

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR, May 2, 2018.

1. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    Jared, you "detailed the details" very well. lol and I do agree.

I like this detailed thread very much!!

3. Don’t ever stop the analyses, folks. They serve a greater purpose than you may realize.

It’ll be a half-century of listening for many of us soon, and, without fresh perspectives, without this site, without the lively debates — I’d never be inspired to go back and listen to tracks I used to dismiss, flip over my “IGTTST” 45, “dust off the covers,” as many say.

It’s a sentimental perspective, but talking about these recordings is like sharing a memory of a loved one now passed:

As long as we remember, they live.

Harry, Chris and Co.: You keep this music alive for me, as well as those long gone with whom I used to love and share it.

I so appreciate that. And I know they would, too — wherever they may be.

Bobberman, David A, Murray and 6 others like this.
  4. Jamesj75

Jamesj75 Well-Known Member

I just want to add that, when the discussion takes a turn for the technical, much of what I read is over my head --- it's been known to happen, here and elsewhere :) --- but I am in awe of those capable of expounding on such issues, with such detail.

It bears worth repeating that, among other benefits of this site, it seems I am regularly learning something new about Carpenters.

5. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

That's for sure.... until I found A&M Corner, I had pretty much grown-out of listening to most of my A&M favorites, except on rare occasions. This site re-awakened me to all that great music -- I found that I loved songs I previously thought I didn't like, and played the music a lot more often, to the point where now, almost the whole "top 25 most played" on my iPod is A&M Records material.

Bobberman likes this.
  6. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I find the details and analysis very helpful and educational before I found This site there were many mysteries about my A&M favorites that went unsolved until I arrived here many of my ideas were confirmed and others were corrected properly and I owe many many Thanks to Everyone of you From Staff members to the newer members you all have Good things to contribute here and I say Keep up the Good work Everybody you all are awesome.

Jamesj75 likes this.