Analyzing Carpenters Recordings

Will you please allow us to have our hobbies and preferences? You need not be sad for me, I enjoy a great life in beautiful Florida and do the things I WANT to do. If I choose to analyze wave files, well that's because I want to do it. And my posting of that information here is for those who are also interested in my findings. If it bothers you - don't read it. But please, don't be sad.

{Is there a full moon or something out there?...}

Don’t ever stop the analyses, folks. They serve a greater purpose than you may realize.

It’ll be a half-century of listening for many of us soon, and, without fresh perspectives, without this site, without the lively debates — I’d never be inspired to go back and listen to tracks I used to dismiss, flip over my “IGTTST” 45, “dust off the covers,” as many say.

It’s a sentimental perspective, but talking about these recordings is like sharing a memory of a loved one now passed:

As long as we remember, they live.

Harry, Chris and Co.: You keep this music alive for me, as well as those long gone with whom I used to love and share it.

I so appreciate that. And I know they would, too — wherever they may be.

I just want to add that, when the discussion takes a turn for the technical, much of what I read is over my head --- it's been known to happen, here and elsewhere :) --- but I am in awe of those capable of expounding on such issues, with such detail.

It bears worth repeating that, among other benefits of this site, it seems I am regularly learning something new about Carpenters.

It’ll be a half-century of listening for many of us soon, and, without fresh perspectives, without this site, without the lively debates — I’d never be inspired to go back and listen to tracks I used to dismiss, flip over my “IGTTST” 45, “dust off the covers,” as many say.

That's for sure.... until I found A&M Corner, I had pretty much grown-out of listening to most of my A&M favorites, except on rare occasions. This site re-awakened me to all that great music -- I found that I loved songs I previously thought I didn't like, and played the music a lot more often, to the point where now, almost the whole "top 25 most played" on my iPod is A&M Records material.

I find the details and analysis very helpful and educational before I found This site there were many mysteries about my A&M favorites that went unsolved until I arrived here many of my ideas were confirmed and others were corrected properly and I owe many many Thanks to Everyone of you From Staff members to the newer members you all have Good things to contribute here and I say Keep up the Good work Everybody you all are awesome.

I was just analyzing this thread and...

Oh, never mind.
:)

Back
Top Bottom