Another Burt Bacharach compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
At lunch today, browsing in Borders, I came across a compilation of Burt Bacharach's that I hadn't seen before, called A MAN AND HIS MUSIC. It was reasonable - $12.99, and I had an Internet 20% off coupon to make it even better. With a little research on the web, I've come to the conclusion that the one I found, released in 1997 on the Spectrum label, is now currently available (since September 2001) as an import through places like CDNow and amazon on the Karussell label. It appears to be one of those European PolyGram sets that shows up in both the UK and the rest of Europe.

B000026PQ2.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

There are two inside pages of liner notes written by a Nick Stewart in 1997, and a quick skim through reveals that he seemed to get his facts straight, even about the A&M days, which is what this compilation is all about. The track listing:

Do You Know The Way To San Jose?
I Say A Little Prayer
I'll Never Fall In Love Again
No One Remembers My Name
This Guy's In Love With You
Time & Tenderness
Wives & Lovers
Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
(They Long To Be) Close To You
The Look Of Love
Alfie
Where Are You
Us
Another Spring Will Rise
Message To Michael
Reach Out For Me
Bond Street
The Young Grow Younger Every Day

It's nice that this set covers the later albums like WOMAN and FUTURES, although one could argue that those songs weren't hits, but then again, this CD never claimed hit status.

Harry
...with another compilation in the collection, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom