Another Song - 1994 Remix

Billy Rees

I've only just discovered about the Another Song remix on the Sweet Memory/Best Songs Japanese set...
Anyone know if it's available to listen to anywhere?

Would be great to compare with the original...

You can definitely hear the drums much more clearly in the first half, which I like...
Undecided about the extra bass during the second half though.

It's great to hear this though and compare it with the original... Thanks again Chris.

Yes, the price has gone up too. About $159 online. A used set used to go for around $100 a few months ago. There were a couple of Sweet Harmony sets on EBay yesterday that were cheaper.

It still seems reasonable to those of us who pair over $200 for the SWEET MEMORY set.

I did too. Best Songs $149-159 and Sweet Memory a bargain at about $95 with shipping from Japan. Pre owned, but so were mine. On EBay for anyone who might want it. Great collection. Didn’t someone on here make a 7th cd with the remaining songs left off the set, with cool cover and title?
Harry????

Undecided about the extra bass during the second half though

The remix is ruined for me because of that plodding bassline which takes away from the flow and tension of the flute and swirl of other sounds. The remix is built up so much because it’s only been on very limited releases that are either obscure or very expensive, but I don’t think the hype is deserved.

Honestly, the only thing I would change from the original is the shaker percussion in the middle of the instrumal section. It’s way too loud in my opinion. It should be an accent, not a lead instrument. Other than that, I love original.

Back
Top Bottom