"another song" remix???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Another Song" remix appears on the Japanese SWEET MEMORY set. That was a 6-disc mail-order series specifically for the Japanese market.

Richard contributed some very short notes on each of the six discs, and for some reason included the remix of "Another Song".

It's different in the same way that other of his remixes differ from their original versions. The re-recorded elements are punchier.

Harry

I'll clarify this a bit -- the entire music track was not re-recorded, only portions of it. The most noticeable differences are in the bass guitar and the kick drum, which were re-recorded and are definitely "punchier" than the originals.

Keyboards, wind instruments, strings, most drums and electric guitar all sound like the original recording.

The main difference between the two versions is that the bass part in the instrumental section at the end of the song is different. Joe Osborn plays a substantially different bass line, with a more "free-form" feel to it.

David

Thank you David for clarifying what was changed in the remix.

Harry

Ah, it's good to finally know where this track came from. I've had it in my library - mp3 - as Another Song (enhanced) for quite some time. I don't even recall where I got it, but I do love the difference.

I also have one for Crescent Noon - not as big a difference as Another Song, but much more 'cleaner' if you will. Any idea where that one may have come from?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom