Another unreported recent A&M Death...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Charles L. "Chuck" Domanico - Died 10-17-2002 in in Los Angeles, CA, U.S. - Lung cancer. Born 1-20-1944 - Bassist and studio musician - Worked with Celine Dion, Henry Mancini, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Barbra Streisand, Herb Alpert and Bobby Darin - He played on the TV themes for Frazier, Cheers and MASH.

So HE was responsible for that great bassline that always accompainies those pantomimes played over the credits for FRASIER...I always thought that was the best part of the show...sorry to hear of his passing... :sad:

Dan

I have a lot of recordings with the Domanico name on them. Great guy. Jeez...I hope that's the last obit we have to discover for the year!

Mr Bill said:
Charles L. "Chuck" Domanico - Died 10-17-2002 in in Los Angeles, CA, U.S. - Lung cancer.

Sad news, indeed! He was a great jazz bassist, and was on the Roger Kellaway albums for A&M. His bass solo on "Lobo" - from the Herb Alpert/Hugh Masekela album - is a classic. Too young to go. :cry:

Capt. Bacardi

Charles L. "Chuck" Domanico - Died 10-17-2002 in in Los Angeles, CA, U.S. - Lung cancer. Born 1-20-1944 - Bassist and studio musician - Worked

with Celine Dion...Rod Stewart...ARRGH! Eh, other than them...

Artists I would have mentioned in addition to Bobby Darin, Barbra Streisand & Herb Alpert would have been Lani Hall, Carroll O' Connor (on his REMEMBERING YOU album), JJ & Kai and Roger Kellaway. Sorry the music world has suffered another loss. Chuck was one of the best back-up bassists ever.

Dave

Dave said:
Charles L. "Chuck" Domanico - Died 10-17-2002

Artists I would have mentioned in addition to Bobby Darin, Barbra Streisand & Herb Alpert would have been Lani Hall,

A quick name search at the discography where I included musicians lists him as bassist on Lani's Sun Down Lady, Sweet Bird, Double Or Nothing, and A Brazileira albums.

Harry
...sad to hear of another great musician leaving us, online...

This is almost a double whammy. I saw him playing with Pete Jolly at Monteleone's West a couple years back. THis year Monteleone's West closed as well, denying LA's West (San Fernando) Valley of one long-standing jazz/dinner venue.

--Mr Bill
hoping to catch Pisano one of these days before too many of these places go...

I thought I saw on a calendar recently that Pete Jolly was playing at one of Pisano's hangouts (Spazio's, perhaps). A lot of these L.A. guys are very tight with each other and look out for their own.

Very, indeed...He looks familiar, also...I'm sure I've seen him on TV somewhere, but I can't remember where it was...he certainly had a lot of friends, and must have been a great person to know, as well as a great talent.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom