Anthology

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time of its release, yes, Anthology was special. These days it's not as special.

Anthology was the first place that "Honolulu City Lights" saw release, as well as the "Bacharach/David Medley (Live)". Both of those have since appeared on Lovelines and the Readers Digest Their Greatest Hits And Finest Performances CDs respectively.

There are two versions of Anthology. The original came out in 1989 - it was re-released with different artwork in 1997.

Harry
NP: Anthology

And so the original Anthology in the LP, cassette and cd format contains its original mixes while the re-release has been remixed, partly added, segued in different places and without the count and Karen's breath to Goodbye To Love.

Can someone tell me if the newer release has the same mixes as the original release of Anthology. I tried the grantguerero website but I think that the track listing refers to the original release.

The Japanese ANTHOLOGY was originally issued as a 4-record set back in 1985,around the same time that the 2-record set YESTERDAY ONCE MORE was released here in the US.That original ANTHOLOGY had the same 1985 remixes that were included on YESTERDAY ONCE MORE,plus a remix of "A Song For You".When ANTHOLOGY was pressed on CD in 1989,it was the same 4-album set.I haven't heard the remastered ANTHOLOGY,from 1997,but I think Richard made some adjustments on that set.By the way,If anyone comes across The ANTHOLOGY LP set,definitely pick it up! It has a gorgeous photo of Karen ,taken in 1979,Curled up on the purple sofa.(on the third album jacket).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom