Any news about the new album/documentary?

A&M Corner will have a small contingent (Harry and myself) at his concert on April 12 at Miami, so we will report any news we pick up there.

Sadly, travel plans were destroyed by the snowstorm in the upper Midwest, so the two of us were unable to attend the concert in Miami.

Sadly, travel plans were destroyed by the snowstorm in the upper Midwest, so the two of us were unable to attend the concert in Miami.
Rats. Damn that snow! "For What It's Worth", I left a message on Sergios Facebook page asking about the album to see if I get any response. I have left messages there in the past and have never received one.

Sergio's Facebook has had several posts over the last year or so, talking about an upcoming album, and also a documentary that's being made on him, but there have been no details or release dates announced yet.

There hasn't been an update about the new album/documentary since almost two years ago on Sergio's website! (April 27, 2017) Facebook has a couple of tantalizing, funky thirty-second sound-bite videos in the studio, the most recent from January 2018.

Thank you Harry! "Still Filming" as of early March.

In there linked preview: Who is the blond woman? Nice flash of Sergio hugging Lani seen from the back.

CD Japan have been in touch about the new album "In The Key of Joy" which is released next month in Japan, with an international release scheduled for February 2020. There is a deluxe edition available too with a bonus disc "featuring a best-of selected tracks" according to the blurb.

I Google translated the Japanese description of the album: More rap. Oh, goody. :hmmm: :bolt:

In The Key Of Joy (Deluxe Edition) [Limited Edition] / Sergio Mendes

HAPPY for anyone who listens! King of Brazilian music has been active worldwide for over half a century. Original album composed of all new songs for the first time in 5 and a half years. Sergio himself put in energy so that it was the first time he was involved in composition. In addition to Sergio's original songs, Joan Donato and Carlinos Brown provide new songs. In addition, the first Spanish lyrics number (M3) recorded in career history with Cali Y El Dundee. Enjoy the latest pop, colorful and catchy Sergio Mendes music. The popular "Ret Love" rapper's popular rapper and the 83-year-old Brazilian musician legend Elmate Pascoal live as guests. The Japanese edition will include rapper SKY-HI. Boldly remix the recorded song “Sabor de Rio” and overdub the rap. A party tune reminiscent of the hit song “Mash Ke Nada feat. The Black Eyed Peas” with a skillful rap on the sound of Brazilian flavors with the theme of “No Border” Yes. The Deluxe Edition is a two-disc set with an all-time best board that summarizes the representative songs beyond the label. Japan pre-sale (overseas February 2020).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom