Any owners of Mexican Shuffle compilation LP (Germany/Europe, 1967)?

Mahanusafa02

I was curious to see if anyone here owns or has heard a copy of this stereo compilation LP (Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Mexican Shuffle ), a NM copy of which I foolishly passed up last year for pennies at a thrift shop in Cologne, Germany (because "I already have all these tracks!"). The cover is that of S.R.O. and the track listing is about 2/3 South of the Border and 1/3 What Now My Love.

If anyone knows, I was wondering which versions of some of the tracks could be found on this LP--whether or not we get:

1) the mandolin travelling across the stereo image in "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face"
2) the trombone riff near the start of "Brasilia"
3) the spoken intro to "Numero Cinco"
4) the striptease section of "Plucky"

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread...a search yielded nothing about this LP.

Cheers
John

I don't own, nor have I heard any of the tracks from this LP, but I could almost guarantee that "Brasilia" would have the trombone riff. That seemed to be the de facto standard version of that song up until the release of GREATEST HITS VOL 2. So this being an LP compilation from the 60s, I'm sure it would have the trombone riff ("wet" version).

The others would be a crapshoot as far I could guess. The travelling mandolin was there sometimes and sometimes not. Same with the spoken intro to "Numero Cinco". If I had to guess, I'd say that "Plucky" was likely the non-striptease version, but some claim it was in circulation on LPs many years ago.

Another thing to know, this is a German record club album. A compilation. "Brasilla" is the trombone riff. This was the standard version of this track used commonly up to Greatest Hits, Volume 2. The copy of this I heard some years ago did have the travelling mandolin. "Plucky" was the non striptease version. "Numero Cinco" wasn't the Spoken Intro. This was a Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft pressing who were the A&M Licensee for West Germany then. Excellent pressing and mastering. I own several of their Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass album pressings, flat, and quiet. Very nice sounding.

Back
Top Bottom