Anybody deal with bagsunlimited.com lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I've always bought CD jewel boxes and trays from bagsunlimited.com and have used their website for ordering. (I know Rood has dealt with them too!) But lately, I'm trying to put an order in and I get to the page where the credit card info goes, and after I click "Continue checkout" it just keeps returning me to that same page, with all my info still filled in. It's as if there is an error somewhere, but there isn't (and it doesn't say there is).

I sent an email to their Contact-Us person and got back a nice note saying "I can't imagine why that's happening, but you can call us on the phone." OK fine, but .... what's the deal with the website? I tried it on 3 different computers with 2 different browsers and got the same results. Anybody else had this problem with them? If there's some weird thing I'm missing, I'd sure like to know what it is.

Do you have any pop-up blockers running, or ad-removal software (AdBlock or others)? If you use IE, do you get the yellow triangle in the lower left corner of the browser window that shows JavaScript errors?

If I weren't so busy I'd look into it myself. I can hit it with Chrome and open up "Inspect Element" to figure out what is going wrong via the debugging information. The developer resources built into Chrome are great for what I do, and they're built in.

I tried it with IE8 and Firefox, on 2 computers running XP (one here at work and one at the theatre) and my newer one at home running Win7. But, maybe I'll give it another try on Chrome -- I've got that on this computer here. I'll let you know what happens if anything.

Update: Nope, it doesn't work on Chrome either. Just to be sure I was starting "clean," I used a different credit card and a different email address. Also tried it twice, once with credit card and once using Paypal to pay. Doesn't work either way....it just keeps going back to the same screen -- with all info still filled in and no error message -- no matter how many times you click the "continue checkout" button.

I have one more option. We have one computer here that has no antivirus on it -- because we only use it for processing UPS packages, so it gets no "internet surfing" or email or anything. I'll try it on that one. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to go the dreaded phone route -- which is a giant pain for me because I have no spare time to wait on hold and/or talk to non-English speaking "customer service" types.

V
Update #2: Nope, didn't work on that machine either. I didn't notice the yellow triangle thing either.

So now I've tried it on:
Computer #1 (standalone) at work with XP and IE8
Same computer using Firefox
Same computer using Chrome
Computer #2 (networked) at work with XP and IE7
Computer at home with Win7 and Firefox
Computer at Roxy with XP and IE8
Non-virus-protected computer at work with XP and IE8

....and I get the exact same results every time. I give up.

(By the way for anybody who's wondering, I have checked with my credit card statement, and "no" I haven't been charged with every time I've pressed their *&%$# "Checkout" button.)

Probably a dead script behind the site somewhere. :sad: IOW, you submit the form but it is not being processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom