• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Anyone read this?

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Using Richard's input would be the key to it’s success or failure, depending on what he lets a director do.
I’d say that would be it’s failure. He would allow virtually zero directorial control over the film, not to mention the script, casting, score...if a big budget film is ever going to happen, it needs to be handled by a top team of the calibre that have produced other such movies.

Carpe diem

Saw this in the news today. Another famous singer biopic due for release in September. A Star Is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman, and now Judy. It seems logical that Karen would be seriously considered for such a project if this trend continues;

Last edited:

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Saw this in the news today. Another famous singer biopic due for release in September. A Star Is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman, and now Judy. It seems logical that Karen would be seriously considered for such a project if this trend continues;

Here's hoping!

I'm looking forward to seeing Rocketman. If it's anything like Bohemian Rhapsody, it'll be great!

Greg

This actually goes under the category "Anyone heard this?" but since I don't know where else to put it, I'll post it here. EP82: Karen Tongson on The Carpenters' "A Song For You" (1972) | Maximum Fun

Karen Tongson appeared in the Heat Rocks podcast, where they discussed the A Song for You album. Interesting stuff.
I enjoyed this! Thankyou for posting it.

It's always interesting to hear what lesser fans think of K & R. While I disagree on their bias assesment of the 'A Song For You' track and the frequent veering off into idea's of 'whiteness' - I thought they raised some interesting points. And it's always nice to hear Karen's voice get more love.

Top Bottom