Anything Goes - Herb & Lani's New Release - AUG. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Bacardi said:
They'll be in Iowa City in November. If they don't come near here in Texas then I'll probably go north in September to see them. Right now it looks like I'll try to see them in both Brookfield, WI (just outside of Milwaukee) then to Naperville (just outside of Chicago).

A Cubs playoff game?? :D

Where is the Naperville date listed? I didn't see anything on their site. That might be doable for us also, provided it's a weekend (or close to it).

Harry said:
ALBANY PARK...and CLASSICS VOL 19:

sp4898.jpg
sp2517.jpg

Harry

Ah yes... No one sits in a window more sexily (is that a word?) than Lani. Herb is one lucky dude!

--Mr Bill
hoping he crossed no line here...

Rudy said:
[Where is the Naperville date listed? I didn't see anything on their site.

It's on OUR site, courtesy of Steve S.! Check out the main page!

Herb Alpert & Lani Hall Tour Schedule - 2009/2010 Herb & Lani with Bill Cantos - piano, Hussain Jiffry - bass and Michael Shapiro - drums:
04/16 Ella Fest - Ferguson Concert Hall - Newport News, VA (tickets on sale)
04/17 Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts - Philadelphia, PA (tickets on sale)
04/18 Rams Head on Stage - Annapolis, MD (tickets on sale)
04/19 Tarrytown Music Hall - Tarrytown, NY (tickets on sale)
04/21 Rose Theater - Frederick P. Rose Hall - New York, NY (tickets on sale)
04/22 Berklee Performance Center - Boston, MA (tickets on sale)
04/23 Troy Savings Bank Music Hall - Troy, NY (tickets on sale)
05/18 Beverly Hilton Hotel - Society of Singers - Beverly Hills, CA
05/19 Campbell Hall - Santa Barbara, CA (tickets on sale)
05/26 Moore Theatre - Seattle, WA (tickets on sale)
05/27 Newmark Theatre - Portland, OR (tickets on sale)
05/28 Elsinore Theatre - Salem, OR (tickets on sale)
05/29 Capitol Theatre - Yakima, WA (tickets on sale)
05/30 The Shedd - Eugene, OR (tickets on sale)
05/31 Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox - Spokane, WA (tickets on sale)
06/02~04 - Yoshi's - San Francisco, CA (tickets on sale)
09/26 - Wilson Center for the Arts - Kuttemperoor Auditorium - Brookfield, WI
09/27 - North Central College - Wentz Concert Hall - Naperville, IL (tickets)
11/05 - McCarter Theatre - Princeton, NJ (unconfirmed)
11/06 Kean University - Wilkins Theatre - Union, NJ
11/07~8 Manchester Craftsmen's Guild - Pittsburgh, PA
11/13 - University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
12/05 - Orange County Performing Arts Center - Costa Mesa, CA
01/29/2010 Walt Disney Concert Hall - Los Angeles, CA
01/30/2010 Scottsdale Ctr for Performing Arts - Virginia G. Piper Theater - Scottsdale, AZ

Harry

Thanks Harry - How could I forget?!

Wasn't the Classics cover used originally on one of teh Latin releases? Maybe Es Facil Amar?

I haven't got my collection at hand to check but either you or Steve will know without checking!!!

I still hope for a Michigan date, although given the lack of decent performance halls around here, I don't blame them. Nobody wants to drive into Detroit to see a gig, and there really aren't any jazz venues in the 'burbs or even in Ann Arbor since the Bird of Paradise closed up.

It looks like about the same distance for you (Rudy) to go to Naperville or Pittsburgh. A quick check in Google shows about 4 1/2 hours either way.

Harry

We usually do Naperville in about five hours, but that varies based on traffic, and the route we take (which depends on construction). It's a nice destination though, and located on the river with some good restaurants in town.

Nice to see them coming to Iowa. Iowa City would be a good three hour drive for me (and, upon looking at the list, they aren't coming any closer). Looks like tickets aren't even on sale yet for that one though, so I have time to determine whether the drive would be worth it, and I'll have the advantage of having the CD (hopefully) long before the date of the show.

Just saying University of Iowa is a bit vague though. I'm not that familiar with the campus, but it must be quite big. Do we know any more specifics about where on the campus the show will be, or will those details have to wait for a future time?

Rudy said:
A Cubs playoff game?? :D

Hey, they've done it two years in a row. Not that it did them any good, however....

Where is the Naperville date listed? I didn't see anything on their site. That might be doable for us also, provided it's a weekend (or close to it).

It's a Sunday night gig. Let me know if you can make it. We could definitely hook up there! Can you say 'pizza'? :D

Capt. Bacardi

Well...the new album popped up in the "coming soon" section of our ordering website today, still with the May 26 release date. UPC catalog number is 888072314412.

TonyCurrie said:
Have ordered mine via the Corner link.

...........but received this from Amazon this morning:-]

Estimated arrival date: August 31 2009 - October 08 2009

Ah. :confused:

That sure is a weird range of dates...Aug 31 is a Monday, Oct 8 is a Thursday. But new album releases come out on Tuesdays. Oh well, it IS Amazon, could be some kind of a computer-related thing.

Just received word from our distributor that the release date is now August 18. I updated the thread title.

As a record store guy, I think the cover looks great as well. It looks like a jazz album and the "live" photo telegraphs the fact that it's "live" (in case the consumer doesn't see the word "Live" printed there). :thumbsup:

...and it will look good on the shelf next to those S!F re-issues!

--Mr Bill

Darn right.

I'll bet we are the smallest record store in the country which is stocking all of Herb's releases, plus Sergio's two latest. Of course they are all for sale but they also make handy backups for my own collection! :D

So. how many times have you listened to "...make that funky fresh-a" in the store? :D

I'm only a short distance from Naperville. I don't see any reference to it on the college website. Am I looking in the wrong place?

bob knack said:
I'm only a short distance from Naperville. I don't see any reference to it on the college website. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Our home page has it listed. :D

For one gig locally (not Herb's, but another one I saw in March), there were three different sets of dates: Ticketmaster, the venue, and the band's official site. Only Ticketmaster had it right...

Got an advance copy today--a total kick to listen to. It's obvious how much fun everyone is having and that comes through clearly on every song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom