Anything Goes - Herb & Lani's New Release - AUG. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
bob knack said:
I'm only a short distance from Naperville. I don't see any reference to it on the college website. Am I looking in the wrong place?

The individual tickets go on sale on July 15th. Right now they have the entire season package on sale for a hefty price.

Capt. Bacardi

Looks like a slightly different cover from the Concord site:

CJA-31441-02.jpg

Capt. Bacardi

I like this cover better, but Lani looked better on the former cover...

--Mr Bill

Well this is unusual...the release date for the album is still showing as next Tuesday, the 18th. I have had the album on order for several weeks and...lo and behold, it showed up today (the 11th) in our stock order. So, go check out your favorite store, it might be there!

PACKAGING SPOILERS (Skip if you want to be surprised)

The album comes in a tri-fold digipak, with the left pocket holding the booklet and the CD on the right. Lots of good pictures, and liner notes by Herb AND Lani too.

The booklet features one of Herb's paintings, "Backdrop," on the back cover. The same painting is shown in a smaller version on the back of the package.

The album is dedicated to "a wonderful man," Hal Gaba. Anyone know who this is?

Overall, a very nice-looking package. My own preference would have been jewel boxes, but this will sit nicely on the shelf with the Shout!Factory TJB releases.

It lists the venues they recorded at, but does not say the dates or which songs were recorded at which place.

A bonus track on the Japanese edition? Boo! Why couldn't they have included that track on the American release so we could hear it too?

The Japan music industry has a different way of doing business. They're discs are always more expensive to the Japanese people, so as a way of competing with the cheaper Euro and American discs, their record companies often negotiate with the artists to include something "extra".

It could be a bonus track, deluxe packaging, or even just an early release (Sergio Mendes' ENCANTO was one that got an early release), as long as it's something to hook buyers into grabbing the more expensive Japanese release.

This is certainly not unprecedented. Herb's SECOND WIND release had a bonus track of "The Lonely Bull (Live)" in Japan, and Sergio's OCEANO had Brazilian Beats mix of "Maracatudo" that wasn't on the worldwide release.

I've ordered mine from CD Japan. It cost a little over $30 - but that's the way this particular game is played, so for a completist like myself, ordering an expensive Japanese release just for one additional song is an expense I've come to learn to live with.

Harry

Harry said:
...As a way of competing with the cheaper Euro and American discs, their record companies often negotiate with the artists to include something "extra"; a bonus track, deluxe packaging...,

I believe as far as "deluxe packaging" goes, the Bossa Rio CD reissue had a different back cover than the American-issued LP had long-had...

Then, I suppose you could say that for The Parade, too... AT least an "ideal" front cover, but that has long-never been released, particularly in the States...

Harry said:
...or even just an early release...!

And anything the Japanese have out and have had out, while an American release or reissue of a certain album still hasn't seen the light of day IS an "Early Release"...! :whistle: :laugh:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom