Anything Planned with CDs for 50th Anniversary?

Lover Of Great Music

i know that at the end of last year, Universal released a 12 LP Box Set that was plagued with pressing problems, but does anyone know if there will be a special 50th Anniversary CD set for those who are not into vinyl anymore. As someone who has only recently started to appreciate their recordings, I would like to be able to obtain all their albums on CD in a consistent mastering as opposed to locating various CDs that have appeared over the years and with different mastering or taking potluck with eBay sellers and knowing that what they are selling is the latest release available ( I think the catalogue was re-issued around 20 years ago) and getting it at a reasonable price, eg Ticket To Ride seems to sell at a silly price and buying into the 40th Anniversary Box Set is certainly not an option.

I asked Richard that in September 2016 and he said that there are no plans yet for the 50th but he is certain that there will be in the next couple of years.

There will be something. I just hope we get some unreleased gems...both audio and visual. It'd be a perfect opportunity.

I'd also love an updated 50th anniversary "Decade/Mook". I know it's unlikely...but just imagine!

I'm hoping that Japan puts out a vinyl collection box set. Since I have all the US LP's having the Japan versions would be pretty cool.

This weekend I needled dropped my original 2 LP Live in Japan and the vinyl is so quiet, the pressing is excellent and the vinyl is good quality vinyl. It's amazing how great it sounds after all these years.

I quickly compared it to the CD and the LP just makes you feel inside the arena, has a much more "live" feeling than the CD.

Back
Top Bottom