🎵 AotW AOTW: Billy Preston LIVE EUROPEAN TOUR (SP 3637)

LPJim

Staff member
Billy Preston
LIVE EUROPEAN TOUR

A&M SP-3637

sp3637.jpg

Billy Preston (b. 9-2-46, d. 6-6-06) recorded this live album in 1973. Guests included Mick Taylor (guitar), Hubert Heard and Kenneth Lupper (keyboards) and Manuel Kellough (drums).

Tracks:
Day Tripper 2:07/ The Bus 10:58/ Let It Be 2:28/ Will It Go Round in Circles 3:44/ Let's Go Get Stoned 1:36/ Space Race 1:57/ Amazing Grace 4:43/ That's The Way God Planned It 4:05/ Outa-Space & Higher (medley) 8:05.

Reissued on CD in Japan as UICY-3358

The concert/video contained additional material. For further information visit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_European_Tour_1973

JB

Has Billy recorded any A&M STUDIO Albums as of yet? Seems to me we should'a seen Everybody Loves Some Kind Of Music, It's My Pleasure, and whatever else he did on A&M; before, I think his LAST A&M LP, The Kids & Me... :confused:

Dave

...Wondering if it's time to resurrect the Newly-Formed 4000-series, just to "fill in some cracks" as well as maybe speed-up our AOTW's, a tad bit...! :wink:

Dave said:
Has Billy recorded any A&M STUDIO Albums as of yet? Seems to me we should'a seen Everybody Loves Some Kind Of Music, It's My Pleasure, and whatever else he did on A&M; before, I think his LAST A&M LP, The Kids & Me... :confused:

Dave

...Wondering if it's time to resurrect the Newly-Formed 4000-series, just to "fill in some cracks" as well as maybe speed-up our AOTW's, a tad bit...! :wink:
First, Mr. Preston's first three A&M (studio) albums were all in the SP-3500 series: I Wrote a Simple Song (SP-3507, 1971 - contained his first big hit - and probably originally a B-side - "Outa-Space"); Music Is My Life (SP-3516, 1972 - from which "Will It Go Round In Circles" originated); and Everybody Loves Some Kind Of Music (SP-3526, 1973 - contained "Space Race"). The Kids & Me, I see, is eight catalogue numbers from now (SP-3645).

Second, unfortunately the SP-3500 series has not been spotlighted (spotlit?) by us A&M Cornerites. So we probably skipped a series.

That's right, we have not covered the 3500, with the exception of the albums in that series which also had catalog numbers in the 4200 series:

3501 BURT BACHARACH -- 4290

3502 CARPENTERS -- 4289

3503 Columbier's WINGS -- 4281

JB

OK, thanks guys! Just wanted to see where we stand in our World of A&M AOTW's and keep my pulse on the late-Mr. Preston, seeing how this is an unusual start in his catalog... Anyway, I'm sure not too familiar with it, having seen (and heard a little of) the rest of his stuff... But I do recognize the cover... (Found at Wikipedia; I remember it now...!) :shock:

Dave

..."On with The Show", online! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom