🎵 AotW AOTW: Billy Preston THE KIDS & ME (A&M SP 3645)

LPJim

Staff member
Billy Preston
THE KIDS & ME

A&M SP3645

sp3645.jpg

This was the highest charting album for Billy Preston (b.9-9-46/ d. 6-6-06), coming in at Number 17 in the Billboard Top 200 and remaining in the Top 200 for 14 weeks, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

Tracks:

Tell Me You Need My Loving 2:42/ Nothing From Nothing 2:33/ Struttin' 2:31/ Sister Sugar 3:01/ Sad, Sad Song 2:27/ You Are So Beautiful 4:44/ Somtimes I Love You 3:12/ St. Elmo 2:26/ John the Baptist 3:19/ Little Black Boys and Girls 2:28/ Creature Feature 3:29.

Guest performers:

Tony Maiden and Joe Walsh (guitar)/ Bobby Watson (bass)/ Albert Perkins (banjo)/ kenneth Luper and Hubert Heard (keyboards)/ Manuel Kellough (drums)

Available on CD

JB

This was Promoted as part of a Beautification Project in an L.A. Watts Neighborhood... "The Kids" had an Art Exhibit of their "original paintings" hung around the neighborhood, which also saw renovation and cleaning up the streets, sidewalks, residential properties, municipal parks and local recreation areas and city-owned grounds, by a Youth Coalition headed by the late-Mr. Preston...

Nothing From Nothing and You Are So Beautiful were also some of Billy's last big hits at A&M Records...

Dave

Dave said:
Nothing From Nothing and You Are So Beautiful were also some of Billy's last big hits at A&M Records...
Alas, "You Are So Beautiful" would go on to be an even bigger hit for Joe Cocker - who had his last big hit at A&M with it.

Back
Top Bottom