🎵 AotW Blodwyn Pig GETTING TO THIS (A&M SP 4243)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Side One: Drive Me 3:23/ Variations on Nainos 3:47/ Meanie Mornay 4:45/ Long Bomb Blues 1:07/ The Squirreling must go on 4:27.

Side Two: San Fransisco Sketches - Beach Scape 1:24; Fisherman's Wharf 2:37; Telegraph Hill 1:24; Close the door, I'm falling out of the room 2:52/
Worry 3:43/ Toys 3:04/ Send your son to die 4:25.

All songs by Mick Abrahams except 'Squirreling' (Abrahams/Andy Pyle); 'Sketches' (Jack Lancaster) and 'Worry' (Pyle)

Produced and arranged by Andy Johns for Chrysalis Records Ltd.; Executive Producer Chris Wright; Recorded at Olympic and Trident Studios; Cutting Engineer Geof Calver; all titles published by Chrysalis Music Ltd. - Almo Music Corp ASCAP.

CD: reissued by Beat Goes On Records of England with "To Rassman" substituted for "Meanie Mornay," the latter of which isn't on the CD of AHEAD RINGS OUT (SP 4210) either.

For a thorough background on Mick Abrahams and Blodwyn Pig visit this highly informative site:

www.squirrelmusic.com

JB

And here's the cover, freshly uploaded (along with a few dozen others) yesterday...

-Mr Bill

sp4243.jpg

Thanks!
This was the first album I recall seeing the Chrysalis logo on. Of course it appears on Mick's solo album (SP 4312) and the Procol Harum Live recording (SP 4335). Soon Chrysalis became it's own label, with Procol Harum moving there from A&M, and later Robin Trower solo and Jethro Tull, all of this happening mid-1973. The green label with red logo gave it a Christmas-decoration type look. As you recall, Abrahams played on Tull's first album, THIS WAS, before leaving to establish the Pig and go toward a more jazz/blues orientation.
JB

While I'm not quite much for the music on this AOTW, I DO enjoy playing the Board Game inside the gatefold. :laugh:

Dave

...gettin' out my tokens... :D

Gioccho Adesso: Evie sands "It's This I Am" ANY WAY THAT YOU WANT ME A&M SP 4239

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom