GEETA

A&M SP-3046

sp3046.jpg

Released 1973

Format: Vinyl

Produced by Charles Lloyd
Assisted by Eric Sherman

Songs:
  • 1. Geeta Suite - 13:30[list:93a7f036da]a) Arjuna (Tender Warrior)
    b) Song Of Brindavan
2. Dance Of The Gopis - 6:25
3. Stones Medley (M. Jagger/K. Richards) - 11:08
  • a) Backstreet Girl
    b) Lady Jane
    c) Mother's Little Helper
4. Maxfield Blue - 4:30
5. Jungle Blues - 2:12
6. Berries - 2:02

All selections written by Charles Lloyd except where indicated[/list:u:93a7f036da]

Musicians:
Charles Lloyd - Soprano Flute, Alto Flute, Tenor Saxophone, Transcending Sonship in rhythm, sound & color
Celestial Songhouse - Bass
Blackbird - Guitar, Anish Khansarod, Pranesh Khan-dholak

Recorded at Mailbu Road; A&M Studios with Henry Lewu
Intermedia with Berred
Art Direction: Roland Young
Illustration: Masami Teraoka
Album Design: Chuck Beeson
Special Thanks to Rob Heiler

Capt. Bacardi

I didn't write it, I just transcribed it. And yes, I'm sure there was some herbage happening at the time. 70's California for sure! :D

Capt. Bacardi

I know his work as a flute and sax player. I had no idea he transcended sonship in rhythm, sound, and color.

And the "sonship" "transcends" quite well through the structure of Lloyd's successor to his Waves outing earlier... This time done in a fairly neat "Afro-themed" outing in melody and musicians, as well as instruments featured...

The "Stones Medley" is given a neat treatment, in both song selection and arrangement... And the rest of the songs, too, you could probably paint a neat portrait to (as we painted to a record like this, in art class, back in grade school)...

Lively, colorful excursion, sporting Charles' never-ending knack for experimentation, while displaying a well-oiled skill in defining jazz merged with a meaty world beat...

Dave

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
I know his work as a flute and sax player. I had no idea he transcended sonship in rhythm, sound, and color.

Hey, better to transcend sonship in rhythm, sound and color than to not transcend it at all!

Hey, what about transcending DAUGHTER-ship through rhythm, sound and color...????!!!!

Dave :winkgrin:

I think the Carpenters transcended Daugherty-ship at some point in their career... :laugh:

--Mr. Bill

This is a much better album than Lloyd's Waves. My favorite track is "Dance Of The Gopis", where Lloyd gets in some fine playing. The Stones medley starts off great, but seems to get lost towards the end (probably due to the transcending thing...).

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom